Vlad,

How is the R project coming along? I remember seeing many St-Germain trucks when I ran New York state and New England many years ago. I can't wait to see your finished project as your work and dedication to detail is impecable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After that I invited my friend who is a body guy to get the roof closer to its normal shape. Seemed like during the years of service many folks made dancings on that roof so it became more as a pan th

Having all the parts in place I drilled holes for pull rivets from the outside to attach the wall sheet to.

In a couple of days the paint got relatively hard so I was able to took the cab from the shop and transport to my place. Made a couple of pics before putting it inside the shop. It will reqire polishi

Posted Images

On 10/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, navypoppop said:

Vlad,

How is the R project coming along? I remember seeing many St-Germain trucks when I ran New York state and New England many years ago. I can't wait to see your finished project as your work and dedication to detail is impecable.

The project is moving step by step. Unfortunately not really fast due to many other affairs which took attention. Currently all the soft skin parts are ready, 80% of the chassis parts are sandblasted/painted and ready to assemble, plenty of new parts bought, imported and are laying on shelves. Including brake chambers, airbags, different bushings, windshields, all the chrome trim including front bumper etc. Next big step is rebuilding the engine I already have the most new parts for either. After it's done the most extensive and "sleaky" job is expected - I will need to part out my running truck (yes, I have two SGT R's and one of them is still solid). The matter is I'm going to use a set of frame rails off it since found no other options. So plan is to prepaire as many parts off the donor truck as possible while the other is still running. Than part it out, work out the set of rails and start putting everything together while the iron is hot. No lees than a couple more years to tinker anyway. 

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks for the updated information Vlad. It sounds like you have quite a bit of work ahead. It will make for some real good reading on this site. I always enjoy seeing your work as you are indeed a craftsman and strive for perfection. Keep the pictures coming too. Thank you sir.

• Like 1