I've ran a few 1980's R Model's with E6 350's that grossed 140,000 pounds their whole life and they had the odometers rolled past zero two and three times also.

Last one I ran even had the very last E6 motor to come off the assembly line according to Mack.

Those were the days. Only thing that ever came close to my old R Model was my 2002 International 9900i C15 Cat. It had 1.3 million on it and was never touched, and it's still working every day with it's new owner.

Try that with a new emission motor! LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex g said:

That's impressive. Did they say what was rebuilt/ replaced over the years? Truck makers would go outta business if they kept making trucks like that

That's why Volvo put the Real Mack in the condition it is in today. In fear there would be no need for a Volmack!

6 hours ago, alex g said:

That's impressive. Did they say what was rebuilt/ replaced over the years? Truck makers would go outta business if they kept making trucks like that

No mention of anything like that

I know of Superliners on triple road train work grossing over a 100 ton ever day of their working lives 44's , 12 speed ,440 and 500 E9's that have done over a million miles or 1.6 million km with out a spanner on the gear box or diffs

The E9 motors never had the longevity of a E6, dont get me wrong they are a good motor just not as good as a E6 in my opinion 

Back to figures above for the box and diffs, I  feel they are pretty impressive figures, to put that weight into USA truck talk thats over 250,000 pounds 

They are huge figures, Mack sure new how to build gear back then

Paul