DM800 with East dump trailer

Pictures of trailer. The DM started out as an ERTL kit with an AMT R model cab and scratch built long frame.

Regarding the tarp, it does look like the motor is mounted down on or above then leftside treadplate platform at the front of the trailer and is connected to the tarp roller by either a belt or chain with a guard over it. It would seem more logical to have the motor on the tarp bar but this must be the 1% that didn't so I'll make it this way.

Still wondering if the drive would have been a chain or belt.

East2JPG.JPG

FIRE_DOWN_BELOW_D4 - 00hr 51min 11sec (1)_LI.jpg

EastJPG.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

electric to chain.  800 looking good.  mid '70's  I had three   DM 800's models  on display at mack dealer in ct.  since being on this site  seeing interest in models  I pulled couple of 800s out of storage. trip from ct to tenn  took it's toll.  DM800 cut/stretched made into wrecker. hopefully will repair and figure how to post pictures. 

On 2/18/2020 at 2:52 AM, mechohaulic said:

electric to chain.  800 looking good.  mid '70's  I had three   DM 800's models  on display at mack dealer in ct.  since being on this site  seeing interest in models  I pulled couple of 800s out of storage. trip from ct to tenn  took it's toll.  DM800 cut/stretched made into wrecker. hopefully will repair and figure how to post pictures. 

22 hours ago, Jeff M said:

I agree with the chain drive for the tarp.  Can't wait to see the finished product!

Chain drive it will be. Both DM and trailer have progressed quite a bit since I took those pictures. Nearly ready for paint.

Would like to see pictures of your DM's, mechohaulic.