square tank /round tank

I think round tanks were probably an option much earlier than that, but most R models came with square tanks in the 70s while round tanks were common on the Mack Western models. Like the switch from spoke to disc wheels, from conventional to taper leaf springs, etc.. there was no firm cutover date, just a gradual shift as the market's preferences changed. Mack was much more responsive to customer's needs then and would oftentimes still offer an old option even thought it was rarely ordered.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

think it all depends to . back in the day Mack catered to customers, now customers don't mean shit. we had an 82 R600 300 with a 9 speed roadranger and the big square tanks on each side. it was an ex Ryder truck. I think Mack catered to Ryder and Roadway back in the day

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

B's had optional round aluminum tanks and they were available on R models from the introduction in 1966. Haywood R's and RW's came with round aluminum tanks as standard. I saw a pair of square aluminum tanks that were factory on a late B53 mixer chassis also

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE