1951 Mack LF

Internationalv190

Yup, doing stuff by pictures is not the best.  Probably was quite the dog in the day with some period customizing and modifications.

What does it have for a motor?  Does it run?  I see an off brand air axle out back.  Does the frame splice look like a good job?  L cabs can collect a lot of water sitting outside so the lower back of the cab and the base of the windshield sheet metal can suffer greatly  Repairing properly can open a huge can of worms and cost $$$$.

Maybe $2,500.  See what the owner throws out for a figure.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Thanks for the info. I haven’t put my eyes on the truck yet, just found out about it coming up for sale and wanted to gather some more info about the ole L trucks. Trucks been sitting for about 10years and hasn’t been ran for most of those years. Will get some more info this weekend when I go take a look at it. 

so I went and checked the truck out. Poor dog is way to far gone. By far the worst I’ve ever gone to look at. It’s a shame cause you could tell when the truck was in it’s prime in the 80s it was probably one of the nicest rigs around. Dash had been done up with a real nice wood grain overlay, had the custom painted stripes on the sides, aftermarket A/C added and was repowered with what looked like a big cam Cummins (couldn’t get hood fully opened) big in-line Diesel with a huge turbo housing with small inlet. But man was the old truck rusty. Opened the doors and they almost fell off because the cowl was so rusty. I don’t even know if any parts were worth saving. If anyone is interested I can get you contact info for the lady. Truck is located in Lakeland Fl area. Shes pretty much giving it away as long as she knows it’s going to the right place because it was her husbands pride and joy at one point.

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I'm looking for a pair of good front fenders for L-model. But Fl is too long ways off for checking them out and transporting.

I might end up with a set - might need a little tidying. In UK but should ship to Ru without too many issues. The reason that I say I might is that I have a firewall and fenders to pick up in Scotland sometime giving me three sets in all. At most I will need two sets and that means one set will be available. Depends how urgently you need them.

23 minutes ago, paulbrook said:

I might end up with a set - might need a little tidying. In UK but should ship to Ru without too many issues. The reason that I say I might is that I have a firewall and fenders to pick up in Scotland sometime giving me three sets in all. At most I will need two sets and that means one set will be available. Depends how urgently you need them.

Sounds very promising. I'm not in a hurry about them, have no less than a year before the time to put them on. Also I have two sets myself of which one is really poor and another in better shape. But with all the amount of labour involved in the project I wouldn't miss a chance to split the length of the story with a set of really good fenders. My preference is to keep the original way of connection two big halves of the fender. There's a seam of a kind a man connects sheets of metal when covering a roof of a house. Putting just weld instead of the original connection seems to me as a crime.

Shipping is possible to arrange. There are some guys in the UK who ship used car pats to Moscow on a constant basis. I can find the contact info and try to work such enterteinment out. So please keep me in your mind.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Sounds very promising. I'm not in a hurry about them, have no less than a year before the time to put them on. Also I have two sets myself of which one is really poor and another in better shape. But with all the amount of labour involved in the project I wouldn't miss a chance to split the length of the story with a set of really good fenders. My preference is to keep the original way of connection two big halves of the fender. There's a seam of a kind a man connects sheets of metal when covering a roof of a house. Putting just weld instead of the original connection seems to me as a crime.

Shipping is possible to arrange. There are some guys in the UK who ship used car pats to Moscow on a constant basis. I can find the contact info and try to work such enterteinment out. So please keep me in your mind.

Once I get all mine together why don't I post a load of pictures then you can compare.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...