L model Mack parts

LS-125-1012

i need a air brake light switch. Mounted below the driver's door on the inside of LH frame rail. sure if your L has air brakes.

Also i would like to purchase a really solid steering wheel. But seems like a doubtful entertainment about the chances.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

i need a air brake light switch. Mounted below the driver's door on the inside of LH frame rail. sure if your L has air brakes.

Also i would like to purchase a really solid steering wheel. But seems like a doubtful entertainment about the chances.

Vlad

I have all kinds of switches at the shop. Let me see a photo of the type you're after. The older, and newer styles will interchange as they do the same thing but look a lot different.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The switch I need has metal body with plastic plug turned into at the top. There are electrical terminals in that plastic part and contacts mounted inside. The trouble I found the threads of a really thin thread were partly broken. So i worry to have the plug spitten at some time since full air pressure applied to it while braking. I would make a new plug but the threads are SAE and it should be hard plastic, not a metal part to provide insulation. In theory a metal ring could be made with a lathe having required threads outside and a kind of locking shoulder over inside circle to hold the plug in place. The latter should be machined either to allow clearance for the ring. In any case seems easier to find a solid part and just re-install the plastic since the body is blasted and painted a while back.

The "red" picture - someone's valve on a L firetruck. The "khaky" pic - the body of my valve, rounded with a red circle. The thing seems being used in 40's years.

Vnukovo...09.2013.00404.1.JPG

L-125LS 1952 brake switch.jpg

On 1/28/2019 at 12:28 PM, Vladislav said:

Vlad

On 1/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, 609albert said:

would you have the center brace that attaches to the windshield and top of the dashboard ,this windshield is the later type that had chrome trim around it. the brace was wider at the bottom and tapered at the top. 

Not familial with the piece you are talking about. Do you happen to have a picture of what it looks like?  The rigs I have are 1943, 44 & 47. 

4 hours ago, LS-125-1012 said:

Not familial with the piece you are talking about. Do you happen to have a picture of what it looks like?  The rigs I have are 1943, 44 & 47. 

The picture "in red colors" (above) was taken by an owner of L-model firetruck whan he had an issue wth that brake light switch. That unit is relatively small, nearly 2.5" of the body size, a bit less than a quick release brake valve on modern trucks. Body has mounting holes and an airline attachment fitting of nearly 1/2" At the top of the body (looking at the picture) it has black plastic insert (plug) with two screws - wire trminals - sticking out. The most L-models have that switch mounted on the inside of the LH frame rail right to the right of the gearbox. The sopt you seldom research just using or basically fixing a truck. But if you investigate the area you will find it with not much efforts. It could be easily seen on the below picture to the left of the tranny especially if you zoom it in.

NL-USA.2013_3520_resize.JPG

• 2 months later...

SM Fire History ,  try his guy he has tons of 'L" Mack parts , located near Hershey ,Pa. ,PA and most states in the north east the F.D. where big buyers of Macks

Cal Little ( Pine Hill Restorations)

329 pine hill rd.

Hummelstown,Pa.17036

717-566-8973

• Like 1