Those South African RHD extended cab Louisvilles

kscarbel2

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, these would have sold well in the North American market.

I would agree-it seems the sleeper market today has gone to the extreme where the occasional need for a "bunk" is no an available option.  remember the add on 36" boxes?  I wonder if those are even available.

Amazing how Ford could engineer the market for the  Au/NZ markets with I would have to believe minimal sales and today they can't afford-or won't-go to the trouble of giving the class 7 buyer another engine/trans option to the in house Power stroke/Torque shift.

• Like 1

Western Star has some impressive extended cab offerings: https://www.trailer-bodybuilders.com/chassis/sneak-peek-western-star-vocational-cab-back-pack-extension

International and Freightliner on the M2 series offers 24" or so extended cabs with the option of either a bench seat or a sleeper berth. Kenworth offered a very neatly packaged short sleeper on the T800 that improved the trucks aerodynamics a bit too. And just about every other U.S. Class 8 truck offers a short sleeper option in the 36" to 42" range, it's just that not much of anybody buys them.