New Mack

Rmodelwrench

Seen them with both OEM.  Look at the spec tag on the engine. Your 688 could have a 350h.p. or a 300 h.p. in it. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I wonder what it was used for that short bed makes it look like it was once a tractor ,but it sure looks nice and clean inside , wish you all the best. I used to drive a 688 long wheel base with a tag axle and a crane on it ,used to pull pup about ever other day,truck road like a caddy. never  spilled my coffee even when I left it on the deck .

Thanks guys I looked at the tag E6-300

the p/o said it was a tractor he put the flat bed on it then ended up with a early 90s Rmodel with only 70k miles so this one had to go

i will definitely keep you guys informed on the build and will have plenty of questions myself. Now that I got the rig I want it’s finding a clean used bed and crane I think my best option is going to be buying a complete service truck. 

C96B8111-9EC4-4A14-937A-97B30E7DA88E.jpeg

5F30F690-AABD-4E7B-8391-B306041FABDA.jpeg