can any one ID this unit?

I Know the place well Palace theater and the Empress, on Maim st and they were the Martha apartments over the Palace . don't know the year , It could have been a paid engine  but in my memory only one Volunteer  house had a mack and that was in the fifties . lot of  old Segrave  that were replaced with ford Cab engines in early 60's  . I would like to learn more  about that picture. In that time frame Danbury probably only had one or two paid engines and a ladder trucks the rest were volunteer houses maned by workers from the hat shops (which were wood framed and burned like a roman candle ,Mallory{now Stetson had the only concrete building } and is the only one left all the rest burned to the ground  in 50's and 60's )

• Like 1

Time frame for the photo is 1932 or 33 going by the pair of "G"men types standing in front of a 32 Ford and the Danbury Historical Society says the Palace Theatre opened in May of 1929

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, gxbxc said:

I Know the place well Palace theater and the Empress, on Maim st and they were the Martha apartments over the Palace . don't know the year , It could have been a paid engine  but in my memory only one Volunteer  house had a mack and that was in the fifties . lot of  old Segrave  that were replaced with ford Cab engines in early 60's  . I would like to learn more  about that picture. In that time frame Danbury probably only had one or two paid engines and a ladder trucks the rest were volunteer houses maned by workers from the hat shops (which were wood framed and burned like a roman candle ,Mallory{now Stetson had the only concrete building } and is the only one left all the rest burned to the ground  in 50's and 60's )

you a former resident?  Danbury WAS a great place to grow up....today, not so much

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yes Hat city I grew up in Danbury , kiddies shows at the empress on Sat.  25 cents ,riding my bike to candlewood  to swim in the summer Barchi's hot dog stand on the corner, Ice skating at Rogers park ,Memorial  day parades and fireman's carnival , free pass to the Danbury  Fair 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Time frame for the photo is 1932 or 33 going by the pair of "G"men types standing in front of a 32 Ford and the Danbury Historical Society says the Palace Theatre opened in May of 1929

Back in the day, if you did not wear a hat, you were,nt trusted. Danbury was known as "The Hatting Capital of The World"  prolly a dozen or so hat shops plus back shop stuff

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Yup, the AP six cylinder engine was developed in 1926.  It was used in fire equipment, buses and the model AP heavy duty dumps and rock trucks.

And AC6 OTR trucks used by Consolidated Freight and others.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 year later...

i grew up in danbury in the 1950s.had a great childhood went to st peter's school for 8 years with wonderful faculty.sister stellarita,sister rose vincent,mrs margaret collins,sister  joseph theophane,sisterarlene,sister lenore, sister benedicta and sister delecta.i went on to danbury high school and rember marty green,mr parkhurst,mr o'grady,mr manny merullo,miss minck,miss caldwell,miss lennon,who directed me in my first play,OUR TOWN.i remember when paul winchell and his dummy jerry mahoney came to town. i even remember tex and jinx.who remembers them?.and most of all the great magician blackstone  at the palace theater on a double bill with a stupid jane powell movie with constance bennett. and i remember george snell ,the most famous character who people thought might be homeless.he was a gentle soul and has been of heaven for many decades now. remember the pershing pharmacy? remember armondo's an d the clam box? remember when liz taylor came to the danbury fair? remember the midget races? remember john leahy ?.if u remember any of this stuff,you ,my friend are old. and u should be greatfull to have lived in a wonderful time when there is no donald trump.it was a wonderful time and arent we all so lucky?       BR

• Like 2