Timbren suspension

MACKS

Any body ever try the Timbren suspension on the front,air bag or the hollow rubber type,the roads are getting worse here every day and my CL is getting the shit pounded out of it,and me along with it? I'm sure I rember a few seconds years back someone on here installed the air bags on the front of there CL but I can't find it now..

Used to see them on LE model garbage trucks, but they won’t soften your ride. Install them for severe duty. Garbage trucks constantly launch over curbs and alley ramps. Those are for guys who are losing springs prematurely. 

Revisit the things you can adjust. Tires. Cab suspension. Air seat. Etc.

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

On August 27, 2018 at 3:27 PM, Mack Technician said:

Used to see them on LE model garbage trucks, but they won’t soften your ride. Install them for severe duty. Garbage trucks constantly launch over curbs and alley ramps. Those are for guys who are losing springs prematurely. 

Revisit the things you can adjust. Tires. Cab suspension. Air seat. Etc.

Yeah I figured that,not much one can do on a short wheel base and set back axle with 58 rears 20 front and drop axle..lol

• Thanks 1

We put some on a t800 tractor that was turned into a straight truck. That 8 bag air suspension was great in the tractor and downright scary on a straight truck.  When you passed an on coming semi the wind would rock the truck and sometimes you couldn’t get it to stop rocking back and forth. Sharp turns even when taken very slow the truck would lean so bad you’d swear it was going to tip over. Finally guys started refusing to drive it and the company had a timbren system installed  and it drove like a whole new truck. 

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Well one thing about a set back axle it gives the truck a heck of a bounce  when u hit a sharp dip in the road like on a concert road where a slap dropped down,thinking this might eliminate that or at the least help quite a bit.