Should I?

66dc75

A used car dealer that I'm friendly with had this out front for sale today. My wife wants me to get rid of the stockpile of grass clippings in the back corner of the yard but my skidsteer will just tear up the lawn too much. But if I had this........

He wants $3500 seems pretty high priced.

2018-06-21 16.40.23.jpg

2018-06-21 16.40.33.jpg

• Like 1

My dad has an older version I think than that that was restored at one point.   His doesn't have a loader though.   It also dosent have brakes it only has a neutral spot in the hydraulic drive control.  Built very heavy duty but his without brakes  isn't safe.  A little to far one way or the other with the handle and its going forward or bacward.   I don't know what the loader is worth but seems kinda high. I know dad made the comment before if he was offered $800 he'd sell his in a heart beat.  

The tractor is a 444, without the serial number is is almost impossible to determine the year.

The tractor does have brakes from the factory. The left foot pedal actuated a single drum brake.

Hydraulic retarding is more effective at braking.

The later tractors have a valve that prevents the tractor from rolling away on hills and they also have a longer wheelbase

The loader is not factory. The pricing reflects a factory loader which is a much more heavy duty machine

This is mine waiting for some shop time

708a17d3ed3443514d60d3e56debedb4.jpg

The tractors are real workhorses. This Massey Ferguson is actually an ingersol, which is a case descendent

8c06376349a5f35791d3b0e7a5d3233d.jpg

• Like 2

My dad has an older version I think than that that was restored at one point.   His doesn't have a loader though.   It also dosent have brakes it only has a neutral spot in the hydraulic drive control.  Built very heavy duty but his without brakes  isn't safe.  A little to far one way or the other with the handle and its going forward or bacward.   I don't know what the loader is worth but seems kinda high. I know dad made the comment before if he was offered $800 he'd sell his in a heart beat.  

What model does your dad have.

The early ones did not have brakes and are now collectible

There is a place you can order blueprints to build a loader for your lawn tractor.  I've checked it out, but just acquiring the parts isn't cheap.  They list it like $1500 in parts(steel and hyd).

That is a nice looking tractor, but I think it is priced a bit high.  Maybe 2-2500 is more in line?  Guess it all depends on how bad someone wants it?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

There is a place you can order blueprints to build a loader for your lawn tractor.  I've checked it out, but just acquiring the parts isn't cheap.  They list it like $1500 in parts(steel and hyd).

That is a nice looking tractor, but I think it is priced a bit high.  Maybe 2-2500 is more in line?  Guess it all depends on how bad someone wants it?

The loader was home built by previous owner.

He is usually way high on his prices. I think 2500 is more realistic althoigh it come with a spare pump and hydraulic motor and a set of brand new hoses even though it has all new hoses already on it.