Mack gliders

Since the customer pays the bills. I still can't see why you can't order a Mack from the factory without a drive train. What is the big stumbling block. It would move right on down the line with the frame resting on dollies. No disruption in my way of thinking. Has anyone ever tried it.

1 hour ago, fullfuel01 said:

i bought a 2008 granite with a bad mp7. taking that volvo stuff out and will be fitting a mecanical E7. way to go in my opinion.

Probably last a lifetime!!  One of the best moves I have seen in a long time.    terry👍:MackLogo:

On 6/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, fullfuel01 said:

i bought a 2008 granite with a bad mp7. taking that volvo stuff out and will be fitting a mecanical E7. way to go in my opinion.

And be breaking the law in the process as emissions have to meet year of truck unless titled as a glider. But only illegal if you get caught 😂

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, fullfuel01 said:

keep us posted how it goes.     terry:MackLogo:

On 6/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, james j neiweem said:

Since the customer pays the bills. I still can't see why you can't order a Mack from the factory without a drive train. What is the big stumbling block. It would move right on down the line with the frame resting on dollies. No disruption in my way of thinking. Has anyone ever tried it.

I've thought about why they dont build a glider. One reason could be that because they build their own engines, trans, axles and emissions systems.

I could see A lot of customers rebuilding their current trucks with less emissions on them to save money and not have to worry about the next step of emissions on the newest models. 

Selling a customer a glider with no powertrain or emission system would seriously cut into Volvos potential profit margins. 

Edited by bbigrig