B61 Chrome Radiator Shell

brickhouse15

^^^^^ What he said.

You can have one chromed but it will be expensive. I had one done and FedEx destroyed in with a forklift in their warehouse.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Probably be cheaper in the end to send yours out for plating. Watts did a limited pre sold run of repro's in 2006 for $600 each and the last new Chrome shell was on here in 2012 and sold for $1250 plus shipping.  Better investment than gold. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I paid $730.00 and shipping to have my radiator shell plated back in 2003, or 2004 and the shell I'd sent was very much nicer than a brand new one. I fought with FedEx for almost six months over that claim as it was run over with a forklift in their dock facility and we settled at #1250.00 so I could get another done. So far, I haven't. 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

16 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

yea, ok, good luck. maybe Tidewater Mack circa 1993

Ain't that the truth.  Should have loaded up with all sorts of goodies back then.  Buy now and save!

My Tidewater inventory sheet dated Jan 1, 1993 shows a chrome B shell at $285.00.  Damn!

Top and bottom radiator insulators at $3.50 each.....  

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

agree, and illl take 400 Thermodyne emblems and 4 pallets of vent windows, that would be 4 pallets each of lefts and right, might as well throw in a few pallets of floor mats  and if you need me all be retiring in the year 2010 in my beach house somewhere in the south.....

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I was there several times in the mid to late 1980's and B series parts were easy to get. Bob was always cordial to talk with. I was in the Navy then. Hindsight is always 20/20.