Posted (edited)

I'm looking at getting the headliner kit from Watts. The only ones listed are for a b61 and b67 cab. Mine is a b42. Would it still work? Is there a huge difference in the two cabs? 

Edited by Willie dog

Use the kit for the B-61.  Both the B-61 and the B-42 use the same Mack CA 21 cab.

• Like 1

What's the diffrence between a b61 cab and b67 cab?    Are all b67 cabs contoured?

I've seen B-67 in both standard cab back, and contoured back myself, although most are contour back.

also the B-67 cabs used a different set of front spring hangers to place the cab more forward on the frame than the longer nose B-61 series. The B-67 series sets about nine inches further forward on the frame than the B-61 hence the reason for the "doghouse" in the cab and short hood.

All that is from memory which has widely dispersed areas of dark matter containing no longer functioning forms of intelligence.

• Haha 1

I new about it sitting further forward, and I thought I've seen both flat and curved cab backs.    I also saw the headliners listed seperate at watts and wondered how the roof differed.    Only thing I could think of was maybe a diffrent window opening.  

Back window opening is different on a contour back cab with the glass not being flat. Sealing gasket is very different also.

I think edeere's is a 61 with the contour cab

3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Back in the era of the custom gets what they want.  Here is a factory B-61 with contour back panel.

Don't remember seeing a contour back B-61 working, but do remember B-67's in standard cab back still making a living for themselves years ago.

Right, B67 with either flat or contour.  Definitely more contour. 

The B-61 pictured belonged to Millis Trans. and I just think it is an interesting combination. Must be the owner did the mechanical work and he wanted the full length hood!

The drivers......  they will fit, sort of.

I've seen a B-67 w/adjustable 5th wheel pull a square nose box trailer and the 5th wheel had to be back or the trailer would get into the cab during a turn. Really didn't think it would be that close till I seen it with my own eyes. Don't remember for absolute certain if the trailer was 36', or 40' length but I'm thinking the longer.

Before my time but I'm told the length laws were a bitch to haul profitable cargo with sometimes. I remember well when the 45' trailers starting hitting the roads and the extra length caused a few "mishaps" in parking lots with drivers used to the shorter trailers.

No my B 61 is a regular cab .

3 hours ago, eddeere said:

No my B 61 is a regular cab .

Guess I was wrong.   Hmmm?    Wonder who I'm thinking of?

call Lancaster county upholstery in pa, they have the best bang for the buck on an overpriced B model headliner it

Lancaster doesn't do them anymore.  I tried to get an L model kit and it was a no go a couple of years ago.