Another question

also the B-67 cabs used a different set of front spring hangers to place the cab more forward on the frame than the longer nose B-61 series. The B-67 series sets about nine inches further forward on the frame than the B-61 hence the reason for the "doghouse" in the cab and short hood.

All that is from memory which has widely dispersed areas of dark matter containing no longer functioning forms of intelligence.

• Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I new about it sitting further forward, and I thought I've seen both flat and curved cab backs.    I also saw the headliners listed seperate at watts and wondered how the roof differed.    Only thing I could think of was maybe a diffrent window opening.  

Back window opening is different on a contour back cab with the glass not being flat. Sealing gasket is very different also.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Back in the era of the custom gets what they want.  Here is a factory B-61 with contour back panel.

Don't remember seeing a contour back B-61 working, but do remember B-67's in standard cab back still making a living for themselves years ago.

Right, B67 with either flat or contour.  Definitely more contour. 

The B-61 pictured belonged to Millis Trans. and I just think it is an interesting combination. Must be the owner did the mechanical work and he wanted the full length hood!

The drivers......  they will fit, sort of.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I've seen a B-67 w/adjustable 5th wheel pull a square nose box trailer and the 5th wheel had to be back or the trailer would get into the cab during a turn. Really didn't think it would be that close till I seen it with my own eyes. Don't remember for absolute certain if the trailer was 36', or 40' length but I'm thinking the longer.

Before my time but I'm told the length laws were a bitch to haul profitable cargo with sometimes. I remember well when the 45' trailers starting hitting the roads and the extra length caused a few "mishaps" in parking lots with drivers used to the shorter trailers.