Superliner question

The only electronically controlled engine installed in the RW II chassis to be sold to the public was the E7 with Vmac 1 controls. It was available in late 1990. 

Cat and Cummins was still mechanical. No Detroit in the last years of RW production. An ex Mack engineering friend of mine tells me there was a test RW fitted with a series 60 Detroit that never made production. The 60 series offering ended up with the release of the CL instead in 93.

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:05 PM, bbigrig said:

The only electronically controlled engine installed in the RW II chassis to be sold to the public was the E7 with Vmac 1 controls. It was available in late 1990. 

Cat and Cummins was still mechanical. No Detroit in the last years of RW production. An ex Mack engineering friend of mine tells me there was a test RW fitted with a series 60 Detroit that never made production. The 60 series offering ended up with the release of the CL instead in 93.

I'm not a big Detroit fan but 60 series aren't a  bad engine. It would be kind of cool to see one in a newer Superdog. Hmmm That give me ideas for another project LOL!

• Like 1

I've worked on lots of 60 series.   Great engine. 

I've actually thought of putting one in an MH if I ever get the chance.

I've seen a few in CLs.  Pretty good set up.

14 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

I'm not a big Detroit fan but 60 series aren't a  bad engine. It would be kind of cool to see one in a newer Superdog. Hmmm That give me ideas for another project LOL!