MP10 Lost Boost Completely

Dirtymilkman

10 hours ago, 41chevy said:

or like when the factory trains you and than the shop doesn't get the tools, parts or manuals to actually do the job.  Paul

no worries there !Volvo /mack sends the tools  whether you need em or not  and  charges thru the ass for them / as for the manuals thats all on line there are no books  . if you want a book you have to pay  for that  and  there is good reason for that they keep moving the goal posts around ever changing DATA! The book would be out of date before you receive it!

11 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Well tonight I am getting a new turbo. We'll see. I think this may be the ticket. 

Usually turbos screw up when hot in our area egr valves rarely fail / Turbos have  Higher Fail rate there likely on the right track! 

:D

us

1 hour ago, fjh said:

no worries there !Volvo /mack sends the tools  whether you need em or not  and  charges thru the ass for them / as for the manuals thats all on line there are no books  . if you want a book you have to pay  for that  and  there is good reason for that they keep moving the goal posts around ever changing DATA! The book would be out of date before you receive it!

Sadly my training for GM was in the age of paper and microfiche biggest computer we saw played Pong.  :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

12 hours ago, 41chevy said:

or like when the factory trains you and than the shop doesn't get the tools, parts or manuals to actually do the job.  Paul

or..... when the company sends the mechanics on training courses ($$$) to increase their knowledge but not the supervisory management... I asked them for an hour to road test in a hilly area to prove my theory of why we were getting fuel problems on a Cummins ISL coasting downhill, they said "no way".. they told me to change the $6000 fuel pump, after all that work and money we still had the same problem.... then they allowed me the road test with a laptop and I changed the $150 fuel return line with a hose flapper in it... and they got the attaboy for fixing the issue... go figure..!!!!

BC Mack

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mackpro said:

All warranty will pay for a road test is .3 HR. 

we get that for just doing the pretrip..!!!

different rules apply when you work for government transit vs retail.... there is NO customer..

all our book times are "suggested"..:thumb:

BC Mack