That is quite a project.  Someone posted a sleeper cab L mode in similar condition in the U.K. a few years back. It had remnants of yellow paint.  I think he became overwhelmed by the scope of the project.  I wonder if this is the same truck.  Good luck with it.  

Mike.  

4 hours ago, terry said:

Got your work cut out for you!  Best of luck .    terry:thumb:

Well at least you know where you are with a project that is as bad as this.  Take a look at some of the stuff on www.rustytrucks.com and also follow some of the links from there to the pictures on photobucket.  Here's a recently completed job (all the other pictures of this one are here http://s484.photobucket.com/user/RustyTrucks/library/Scammell Highwayman :

20170712_100909.jpg

P5018317.jpg

Edited by paulbrook
  • Like 1

Looks like you got lucky purchasing the 2nd truck from the estate.

A cool truck to be finished once.

Have you contacted Mike 9Superdog) on this forum? He had LJ chassis with relatively solid sleeper cab at his yard. Also i remember he once posted (a long ago though) a brand new L-model door for sale. Don't remember it was for R or L side.

Also I'd advice you to check out the gearboxes on both the trucks for rust inside (turn off the bolts and remove the top covers. The one I have in my NR model about a similar model tranny) got the most of the gears deeply rotted due to the water came through the shift lever cap. My truck had soft top (gone) and was kept outside for 30+ years in France. So you may be having the same surprizes with the yellow truck.

Good luck on the progress.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, paulbrook said:

Well at least you know where you are with a project that is as bad as this.  Take a look at some of the stuff on www.rustytrucks.com and also follow some of the links from there to the pictures on photobucket.  Here's a recently completed job (all the other pictures of this one are here http://s484.photobucket.com/user/RustyTrucks/library/Scammell Highwayman :

20170712_100909.jpg

P5018317.jpg

Nice job! The cab looks like the ones used on the Atkinson Borderer.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, Vladislav said:

What a cocktail !:)

Indeed.  We had a bit of a laugh about it - I work with my daughter Deb and she thinks that back in the 1960s they had a wood shop, a steel metal team, some guys who were good with aluminium and a glass fibre shop - and in the interests of keeping everyone busy they had a bit of everything in that cab!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paulbrook said:

Indeed.  We had a bit of a laugh about it - I work with my daughter Deb and she thinks that back in the 1960s they had a wood shop, a steel metal team, some guys who were good with aluminium and a glass fibre shop - and in the interests of keeping everyone busy they had a bit of everything in that cab!

My 1959 Diamond T 921C is like that.. Aluminum cab, steel doors, and a fiberglass roof.

Brocky