New anthem

6 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

99,99,% of under reach tow trucks are useless in 3 feet of mud or snow 50 -100 feet off a solid road

Well Snow is definitely a Non issue where I am.....

But have been there done that with the other 2..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

L Mack if you pull the volvo/mack out by those atrocious spot mirrors you would rip them off thereby improving the appearance of the truck😁 41, I saw an article recently which said only 3.6 percent of new drivers can operate a "manual" transmission!  Which helps to explain your dilemma! Every boy and most of the girls in my high school class could drive a stick! Our Drivers Ed car was a 62 Chevy with a 2 speed auto( from Yenko  Chevrolet) for you gearheads! And our instructor had us pull out on a hill while releasing the parking brake and pretending to let out an imaginary clutch! Since most big truck mechanics are required to have a CDL do they have a CDL limited to an automatic transmission? I dunno? Boy do I feel old😁! When we took drivers ed we were supposed to learn the basic mechanics of a cars operation! The instructor had me teach that part of the class!, like teaching advanced math to a stone! Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BillyT said:

L Mack if you pull the volvo/mack out by those atrocious spot mirrors you would rip them off thereby improving the appearance of the truck😁 41, I saw an article recently which said only 3.6 percent of new drivers can operate a "manual" transmission!  Which helps to explain your dilemma! Every boy and most of the girls in my high school class could drive a stick! Our Drivers Ed car was a 62 Chevy with a 2 speed auto( from Yenko  Chevrolet) for you gearheads! And our instructor had us pull out on a hill while releasing the parking brake and pretending to let out an imaginary clutch! Since most big truck mechanics are required to have a CDL do they have a CDL limited to an automatic transmission? I dunno? Boy do I feel old😁! When we took drivers ed we were supposed to learn the basic mechanics of a cars operation! The instructor had me teach that part of the class!, like teaching advanced math to a stone! Lol

All our vehicles except my 55 chevy are sticks and the chevy has a B&M 1956 Olds Hydro Stick. On the plus side, not many car thieves or car jackers can drive a stick.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here 99.5% Class 8 trucks are stick,which is why the Chinese are penetrating the market with clones of popular European trucks.Imagine buying a brand new truck with technology from the 60's and 70's for 30% the cost of an American or European truck.I see fleets selling off 3-5 year old Mack trucks that nobody will touch but scramble over 40 year old R's.We love to keep it simple.

6 minutes ago, macks in nigeria said:

Here 99.5% Class 8 trucks are stick,which is why the Chinese are penetrating the market with clones of popular European trucks.Imagine buying a brand new truck with technology from the 60's and 70's for 30% the cost of an American or European truck.I see fleets selling off 3-5 year old Mack trucks that nobody will touch but scramble over 40 year old R's.We love to keep it simple.

Sorry for the Hijack, But What's your opinion of the Chinese "Clones" ??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Truthfully they make their owners money.The Dangote Group which is owned by Africa's richest man and in fact the richest black person on earth got tired of ordering them in 2000 units batches that he went into a joint venture with CHNTC manufacturers of Sino Trucks for their assembly in the country so that he can get more units more quickly.

3 hours ago, macks in nigeria said:

Truthfully they make their owners money.The Dangote Group which is owned by Africa's richest man and in fact the richest black person on earth got tired of ordering them in 2000 units batches that he went into a joint venture with CHNTC manufacturers of Sino Trucks for their assembly in the country so that he can get more units more quickly.

What engines are they running? Knock off engines too? 

I hope any rapper's don't read BMT. They'll get mad that you said there's a richer black man than them. 

Will try to start a thread on this.While they are many brands and models here, will just give you a spec for the most popuplar brand, SINOTRUK and model HOWO.

HOWO model ZZ3257N3447A1

Engine Type WD 615.69  336Hp or D10.38-30 380Hp.

Turbo charged and Inter cooled.

Steyr Technology

Transmission HW 15710, 10 forwards and 2 reverse, Fuller Technology.

Will try to start that thread soon let's not hijack an Anthem thread with cheap Chinese Trucks,people might not know the difference.

• Like 1