AC 427 swap to E7 427

TimberJack

Timberjack,

Do you have pictures of how the 2003 harness plugs into the firewall? Or is does is just plug into the old slot for 2004 harness.

Great info for 2004 CH ASET owners who may consider ETECH swap, backdating, etc.  

Timberjack,

A full documentation of the process, pictures, etc. will help the community (especially in the wiring and ECU department). Many have struggled with the ASET, and as these ASET trucks age and/or need engines, all in the community will benefit from the knowledge on installing earlier E7s to keep our trucks rolling.  Other forums do such educational topic all the time: I will like to encourage any others with additional info, expertise to please chime in. Thanks in advance.

The plug on the firewall for the engine harness is the same. The Aset harness only had two more pin in the plug. I did use the transmission harness that went with the Etech. I did not touch any thing in the dash just plugged the Etech harness in. The lightning bolt on the dash is on and it’s a 1-4 code ambient air temp sensor with the E7 doesn’t have. I haven’t pulled a load with it yet, plan on it this weekend. I will take some pictures and post for y’all. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TimberJack said:

We’ll finally got to pull a load with truck yesterday. Did a great job, someone said the E7 has a Ambient air temp sensor but where is it located at? 

The ambient are temp sensor is located on the front cross member on drivers side. Its a green  sensor in front of the radiator. This option can be turned off by a reflash from a dealership 

Edited by Mackpro