b model brake shoe wear plate.

tom1361

Hello All, Are the wear plates still available for the old pinned style Mack brake shoes [#6QDA 120]?  The picture shows the plates are worn out. If the plates are not available can I press out the 2 pins and cut new plates out of standard  1/4 inch flat plate or are they made from heat treated steel?? Thank for the help. Tom Vb.

20170624_144720.jpg

Tom call jeff or tom at cook brothers in Pittston if you can get them they will help you out. If not get one made out of hot rolled and dip it in casenite it will harden the out side but keep the inside softer so it won't shatter or get a chunk of ar plate you can drill it and it be hard

• Like 2

Took the words right out of my mouth on the AR plate. I got a few small pieces from the local Cat shop  from their old scrapper plate pile.   Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Tom, when you called Watt's Mack (provider of the BMT website) at 1-888-304-6225 and asked about availability of the 6QD120 brake shoe wear plates, what did they say?

If the good folks at Watts can't assist you, I believe PAI lists them.

(The part number is 6QD120....without the "A". The "A" was for Mack internal use.)

• 2 months later...