1/25 AMT Mack R plastic models (Released again)

Lmackattack

1 hour ago, Maddog13407 said:

nice , had the kit in the red box years ago. hard to find models up north anymore. anyone know a direct source I can buy a few from when they get re released??

https://www.hobbylinc.com

I got a pair from them, good company to deal with.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I saw some on Ebay and other on line hobby shops. I decided to put in a order with my local Hobby shop as they get in shipments every week and the price was the same as it would have been with shipping...I try to buy from the LHS when Its not way over priced vs online stores.

Went out to dinner tonight with SWMBO. While we were out, she wanted to stop into Hobby Lobby "for a few minutes" (which translates into no less than one hour and no more than three.) So just when I was about to grab a knitting needle and stab myself through the heart, I saw an aisle of models and modeling stuff out of the corner of my eye. I was SAVED!!!  I remembered this thread and took these pics- all available at the Hobby Lobby on 248 just off 22 in Easton Pa. 

Model6.jpg.d3d09ea2ba4c1c4752197b2c156437d9.jpgModel5.jpg.3429685233d9af123e586424f69d1e1c.jpgModel4.jpg.55058c9ee92e156c6fa034c8d67250bd.jpgModel3.jpg.f9a650a2ebb9bf808cdc4c39dae1e307.jpgModel2.jpg.0b06ff2b5d14478f06b9b8523e10b95f.jpgModel1.jpg.8e227d7ec239a50349e7fb1486eecdf7.jpg

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have built plenty of the amt truck kits.   These new releases require far more trimming and the plastic seems a bit softer.  I know things change over time but I was disappointed.  All in all in stoked about being able to build the trucks I built as a kid.  Sucks that I paid almost a 100 bucks each for this r and the cruise liner.

About 20 years ago I bought my first R at a hobby shop for $20....5 years later I would buy these R model Kits for around $85 each from catalogs when they were out of production. Now in the last 10 years it seams they have done 2 re runs of these kits. as soon as they get hard to find they are over $100...I think I will be grabbing up a hand full of both the R and Cruiseliners while they are $35 each.

FWD, I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and saw most of the model kits you featured but they didn't seem to have the Revell or AMT brand,gonna look again I figured they were some off brand! Know what you're saying, about the knitting needle! Shopping with my wife is like drinking used motor oil!😁

16 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

About 20 years ago I bought my first R at a hobby shop for $20....5 years later I would buy these R model Kits for around $85 each from catalogs when they were out of production. Now in the last 10 years it seams they have done 2 re runs of these kits. as soon as they get hard to find they are over $100...I think I will be grabbing up a hand full of both the R and Cruiseliners while they are $35 each.

The R comes with a few options, Square or round tank sand Alcos or wobblers.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE