Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freightrain

Front fender mud flaps for B model

19 posts in this topic

Ok, what are you guys using?  I've seen some nice MACK versions that look to fit properly.   I haven't found anything, even at Watts store.

I want to try to save my new aluminum tanks from destruction from rocks.

1 person likes this

I've been wondering the same thing.  

My fender has the holes.  The old flaps are long gone.  Guess I need to make something up myself.  Hmmmm.

I've been thinking of doing something similar to maddog and making a wooden form of the fender.   But I was going to try and make a stainless fender extension type thing.  I'd like to extend them about 3" so they extend below my steps.   I'm not a big fan on the flap wrapping around the outside of the fender.  

if you have the holes, maybe make some sort of bracket to space the flap out from the bottom flange of the fender

Pretty sure my flaps were hanging on the inside of the fender, not the outside.  Some stainless carriage bolts would make it look okay.  Just need some material.

Heck, even a nice piece of stainless steel formed to the fender hanging down would do okay?  If you could roll a lip on the top and then bolt it to the bottom of the fender lip?  Kinda like a cab extension panel.

1 person likes this

Well on FB, a fellow was selling MACK embossed mudflaps.  I got a pair over the weekend and will be getting them cut down and put on.

Got my flaps.  Cut them to fit yesterday.  Going to get some stainless hardware to hang them.  I'll post pics.

1 person likes this

id like some of those nice white flaps. any way to ship them to the US??

that's sharp     :thumb:

Yes we could arrange to mail these to you in US of A, where are you located, we could ask the our Aussie mail cost, it can be slow sea mail or mail post, cheaper than DHL or the other couriers.

We also painted the white both sides with a flexible clear coat with same flex additive as used on curtain sides paint, works real good 

P1011349.JPGI'd like to see the rest of the truck.  

The front fender rear mud flap for a B-61 (regular B-model) was a 117QM185, attached with 130AX258 screws using a 71RU11084 retainer.

Maddog

Please are you able to send me a private message so I can provide details to you