Front fender mud flaps for B model

Ok, what are you guys using?  I've seen some nice MACK versions that look to fit properly.   I haven't found anything, even at Watts store.

I want to try to save my new aluminum tanks from destruction from rocks.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I bought the old school Mack ribbed flaps that match the floor Mats from Barry. I then took a 2 by 12 and held it against the bottom of the fender and used a sharpie to trace the outline, cut the half circle out with a jig saw, went and got some 1'' aluminum angle iron and cut it about every inch and formed it around the wood then drilled 1/4 holes in it in every slot and bolted it to the bottom flange of the fender and bolted the flap on.  this got away from drillin a hole thru the actual fender.

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I've been thinking of doing something similar to maddog and making a wooden form of the fender.   But I was going to try and make a stainless fender extension type thing.  I'd like to extend them about 3" so they extend below my steps.   I'm not a big fan on the flap wrapping around the outside of the fender.  

Pretty sure my flaps were hanging on the inside of the fender, not the outside.  Some stainless carriage bolts would make it look okay.  Just need some material.

Heck, even a nice piece of stainless steel formed to the fender hanging down would do okay?  If you could roll a lip on the top and then bolt it to the bottom of the fender lip?  Kinda like a cab extension panel.

• Like 1

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, took pics for the tanks, but you can see the new mud flaps.   Turned out nice.

IMG_20170513_184206_162_zpsbnumk7vk.jpg

I used 5/16" stainless button head bolts, shimmed them away from the fender on the inside about 1/2" so they hang straight with s/s fender washers then a s/s washer and s/s nylok to hold them on.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

Larry