B-MODEL ON THE MOVE IN RI

A friend who knows of my Mack illness just called to tell me he saw an Aqua colored B-model tractor being hauled on a flatbed into Westerly, RI from a direction that would indicate it had come off Rt 95 and would be being delivered somewhere in the Westerly area.

Says it was an Aqua color, similar to the B-model interior color, and thinks it said "Matthews and Sons, Pittsburgh, PA" for lettering.  Looked like a museum quality restoration.

Anyone here know what that might be and who snagged it?

Mike

1 hour ago, mrgumby said:

was it heading toward 146

Westerly is in Southern RI, about an hour south of 146.  I'm thinking it probably came south, so it might have passed by that area on its way down.

It was headed south on Rt 3, so it likely got off 95 in Hopkinton and, if that's the case, there'd really be no other place for it to be going except Westerly.  West of that is CT, and there would be more direct ways to get there other than coming through Hopkinton/Westerly.  So, unless they were horribly lost, I'm assuming that it came South down 95 (if they were going north, then it WOULD have made sense to come in via CT), got off at Exit 1 in RI, and that its terminus would be in the Westerly area.....

I'll be keeping an eye out for it as the weather gets better (IF it ever gets better!)  And most people who know me know that I'm a B-model nut, so if it's here, someone will mention it to me eventually.

I looked up Matthews and Sons, and couldn't find anything in PA.  He might have mis-read it, but he's pretty good at spotting old iron and noting any useful info about it.  He also said he thought the hauler was Levine, or Levin, but he wasn't quite as sure about that, and a search of that name from PA to New England didn't really turn up anything either.