Ford’s veterans-only factory slated for restoration

41chevy

One of the dozens of Village Industries that Henry Ford established from the 1920s into the 1940s – small-scale factories situated in small towns in Michigan, Ohio, New York, Mississippi – all but one was designed to allow farmers to remain on the farm (rather than relocate to a city) and still generate some additional income in their off seasons by turning out components for Ford. This one was for returning Veterans. 

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/02/24/fords-veterans-only-factory-slated-for-restoration/?refer=news

http://www.motorcities.org/Story/Field+and+Factory+++Fords+Village+Industries-155.html

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You know Paul... Henry Ford was a real American folks don't like to admit.......But his bottom line was to sell brand new cars to everyone of the working class that were affordable......But ofcoarce nowadays Kia.is the big hero...... Incredible how dumb the general public is.....Like wow man [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107].... Bob

I gotta disagree on Henry Ford being a good guy. He knew publicity could make him money. He also knew those farmers would all buy a new ford and their families would buy a new ford. He even decided what color you were going to get. 

Dirty milkman you have got to be a Chevy man. For sure ......bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Dirty milkman you have got to be a Chevy man. For sure ......bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Actually I'm an anything man if it's to my liking. I love the new f150's except the floor of the box should've been left steel. And it's gotta be a v8. I'm not a Henry Ford fan in the least. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Henry Ford in 1938, receiving the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Nazi officials, an honor created in 1937 by Adolf Hitler.

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/henry-ford-grand-cross-1938/

image 1.jpg

Different people, different times but much of what happened was before the  cry for lebensraum / living space. Both Ford , Lindbergh and FDR were anti semitic. Norm for the age they were brought up in.

Lindbergh and his wife, Anne Morrow, daughter of U.S. ambassador Dwight Morrow, moved to Europe. During the mid-1930s, Lindbergh became familiar with German advances in aviation and warned his U.S. counterparts of Germany's growing air superiority. But Lindbergh also became enamored of much of the German national "revitalization" he encountered, and allowed himself to be decorated by Hitler's government in 1936.
When, in 1941, President Roosevelt denounced Lindbergh publicly, the aviator resigned from the Air Corps Reserve. He eventually contributed to the war effort, though, flying 50 combat missions over the Pacific. His participation in the war, along with his promotion to brigadier general of the Air Force Reserve in 1954 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower earned him the rank of Brigadier General in the U.S.A.F.

d10feca9ea3555a6bfb0ad3e32710af1.jpg.15ddbb95b8d471d84961628197639ab1.jpg

31Olson.jpg.1ce8a8da354cc889166f4cc0d0a7072f.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 2/26/2017 at 1:55 AM, Dirtymilkman said:
Actually I'm an anything man if it's to my liking. I love the new f150's except the floor of the box should've been left steel. And it's gotta be a v8. I'm not a Henry Ford fan in the least. 

Well alrity then never mind....I suppose one could find dirt on anyone if you dig hard enough...Lol...bob

9 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

The average 1st grader could have found dirt on Hillary! But all they were taught was to tell Mommy & Daddy to vote for her. Al

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE