1985 R700

761 Brock

3 hours ago, Brian Blaylock said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the R-700 ceased production with the introduction of the Superliner in 1979

Mack started to produce the R in 1966 highway use, the RD and all wheel drive RM were for construction and municipal use. The lightweight RL model followed in 1967, the RW Superliner with a large, rectangular hood and grill in 1977, and the setback front axle RB in the 1990s.

In the 1990s the R and RW were discontinued and the RB was introduced, mostly for severe-duty applications. The hood was modified slightly for the model RB. 2004 was the last year for the RD, and 2006 for the RB

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Must be some new style of 5th wheel, it hooks from the front...........Hippy

This was on a KW at an auction I went to at Fort Lee many years ago.

http://kenworth993.jpg

http://kenworth993_4.jpg

http://kenworth993_2.jpg

27 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I've seen that a couple times before in some Heavy Haul applications... You don't have to rely on the jaws to pull the load... rather you are pulling against the plate

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I hope you bought it!

I got my Scoopmobile and Bob Cat. It was up to $35,000 and rising. Some bidder from Paraguay  won it for over $50,000

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

The R 700 here is legit.

It's a Canadian ex military with a 350 Cummins and a 15 fuller. There was an order of about 10 or 15 of them built in Oakville assembly NOT in Hayward or whatever.  These trucks were well kept with very low miles. This truck however has a cracked rail (dbl frame) above one of the new way air bags. He wants $10k cdn and won't take a penny less.  Goes on about he will part it out for more money then sell it complete for less.  My father did PDI's on these at Toronto Branch Mack back in the 80's 

• Like 2