CANNONBALL!!!

RowdyRebel

Anyway, when all the bikes had made it by, we had dinner and headed to town. Had to get the parts (fixing the A/C on the wife's Suburban), and decided to swing past the hotels they were staying at. Amazing to see that many bikes in various states of disassembly being gone over to be ready to hit the road in the morning. Great people, helping one another however they can loaning tools or parts to those who need it. I was a little saddened to find out a guy who had stopped to talk as he checked over a few things had broke down in the 17 miles or so between the house and the day's finish line having to be trailered the last few miles...but he had it fixed and was ready to roll out again tomorrow. There were some Germans there, too, with some interesting stories about their adventures in dealing with customs as they brought their support van with them...and then the 55 mph race to reach the start before it kicked off without them.

Definitely a fun day.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Here is the race report so far from Hemmings Motor News Daily. 

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2016/09/15/motorcycle-cannonball-is-off-to-a-shaky-start-the-first-three-days-narrow-the-field/?refer=news

14310556_1226874307335023_233476267667301452_o-970x646.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 9/14/2016 at 7:58 PM, carlotpilot said:

I remember a neighbor of ours when I was about 6 rode by our house about every day on one that looked very similar to the bike with the # 80 on its tag. remember my mom refering to it as a pop cycle:D

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE