High Perf Turbo Compound

Does anyone know if the factory plans on offering a high performance version of the new turbo compound MP8? Turbo compound was originally invented as a power adder and not a CO2 reduction device. Taking a 505hp /1860 lb-ft MP8 and adding a turbo compound unit, one could theoretically get 525 hp/2050 lb-ft. It would be real nice stuffed between the frame rails of a Pinnacle Axle Forward. How do you get this on the factory to do list?

Unfortunately the 2017 Turbo Compound MP8 will only go to 455 hp/1860 lb-ft. It would be nice to get a higher HP version in the works.

P.S. Is that race truck the Jupiter Motorsports voodoo doll truck? I noticed Peterbilt red/green/purple paint at various locations on the truck. Keep the Bulldog winning!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:31 PM, staxx said:

With a single Vgt turbo on my mp7 we make 3000lbs torque and 64 psi boost while racing . Don't need twins to produce power 👍🏁image.jpeg

that's true. But you also have a "few" other upgrades in there

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 1:31 PM, bts-4120 said:

that looks expensive

Because the passenger side of the MP/D series engine wasn't enough to go wrong already.  
I can't wait to see how they shoe horned that compound junk into the passenger side of the Mack frame rail under the hood.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2016 at 8:39 AM, bbigrig said:

Because the passenger side of the MP/D series engine wasn't enough to go wrong already.  
I can't wait to see how they shoe horned that compound junk into the passenger side of the Mack frame rail under the hood.

Theres room there ! just use your imagination ! :D  Magic!

• Like 1