7 Trucks Set Ablaze In East New York, Brooklyn

kscarbel2

Associated Press  /  July 31, 2016

At least seven semi-trailer trucks were set ablaze early Sunday in East New York, Brooklyn.

Seventeen private trash trucks have been set ablaze in Brooklyn in the past two months.

Police investigators say an “internal beef’’ may be behind the arsons.

The windows of the 18-wheeler cabs torched in East New York on Sunday looked like they were smashed in by molotov cocktails, which then burst into flames, leaving at least one truck a bombed-out, smoldering metal shell.

A witness on Stanley Avenue saw one arsonist arrive in an unmarked truck around 3 a.m.

“A man got out of a regular box truck, out of the passenger side. He came out of the truck, he walked right here to the passenger side of the tractor trailer, busted the windows, and next thing I know there was an explosion.”

“The guy got out, he was short, I’d say 5’7”, 5’9”; kind of chubby. He had on all black; a black hoodie.”

Nearly all the trucks were garbage trucks. Five of the seven have markings for TTS Trucking Company in Newark.

They are parked on blocks typically lined with trucks overnight, and some believe specific trucks were targeted.

“It was not random at all,” a witness said. “Someone wants to close these trailers down.”

Many drivers often sleep in the cabs where all the fires were set. Burned mattresses were still on the ground late Sunday.

Some local drivers said they wouldn’t be sleeping too soundly Sunday night.

“I’m probably not going to get much sleep if I decide to stay here after seeing that,” said truck driver Roberto Lopez.

“Usually when you come to a city like these, people knock on the door and I ignore it,” said truck driver T.J. Wyatt. “Now I won’t.”

Police said late Sunday that it was still unclear whether the fires were the work of a possible arsonist. They were still investigating if there was any criminality involved.

One truck owner said it was the second time his vehicles have been torched in the neighborhood.

“It’s crazy because there are security cameras on all the buildings,” said Ricardo Caballan, whose company is called Jahali.

Police said five of the independently owned tractor-trailers targeted Sunday were hired by TTS Trucking of Newark, New Jersey to haul waste from the city to Pennsylvania.

The other two trucks had “East Trucking’’ written on them.

The first explosion occurred at 2:30 a.m., and police say within an hour, six more cabs parked at various streets in East New York were ablaze.

The trucks were parked at five places: Essex Street and Stanley Avenue; Shepherd Street and Stanley Avenue; Linwood Street and Wortman Avenue; Linwood Street and Stanley Avenue and Chestnut Street and Atlantic Avenue.

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

3 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Is trash business mob controlled in New York? 

51 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Nah,  that is just a rumor.....

Best FUG GETA BOW TIT

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE