Cab weight

If I were to have a guess, I'd say between 2 or 3 ton. Someone told me a kw cab was 2t and they are mainly aluminium and fibreglass. 

Like I said, I'm just guessing. if it's for lifting or carrying purposes then it's always better to guess a bit more. 

Maybe the size of the hydraulic rams might give a good starting estimate?

On May 18, 2016 at 11:01 AM, ws721 said:

A MH cab will be quite a bit heavier than an R cab. I want to say ive heard a full dressed fiberglass cab is @ 4500 lbs. Not cast in stone, my memory isn't what it use to be

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be quite a bit heavier than an r cab but wasn't sure how much. I would like to get it off the frame but hate to have it get away from me. It's not in that great of shape but I don't want to smash it in case someone could use it.

I'm wondering how much weight could be removed from the cab. Things like seats, doors, stacks, interior parts and glass? 

Maybe you can knock up/hire a mobile gantry crane. Lift one side with that and your forklift on my he other side and drag the chassis out. 

doesn't take too long to strip the cab clean, doors, steering column, fenders, headlight panels etc... the dash is always worth saving for the gauge circuit boards... and the wiring harnesses too.

the shell is only useful if you buckle and crack your cab, not easy to "un-glue" the panels... but can make a great new home for the chickens.. :)

might be a better approach and just put it all in boxes.????  then you've got to find somewhere for the boxes... hmm.. ok, store them in the empty shell..!!! LOL

and let us not forget one of our brethren Farmer52... he still needs stuff too....

BC Mack

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27.10.2016 at 3:28 AM, keg1 said:

In case anyone cares took the Mh cab to landfill and it weighed 2200 lbs. Less than I figured.

Where's that landfill?

Do you have anything left off that cab? I'm in interest for lower airbag brackets and some parts off the gear shifter.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

9 hours ago, BAD DOG said:

MH cab fully dressed is heavy.i had a parts one and I could not fully lift the cad with the hoe on a Case 580 D was able to lift just enough to drag it off the chassis. I would guess probably 4000lbs for fun.

I cut this one off at the front hinges and wasn't sure I could lift it with my forklift. I was thinking around 4000 lbs. but when I took it to the dump it was only 2200.