Superliner tool box on passenger side

The front fuel tanks strap bracket on the passenger side broke and I want to change out  the fuel tank with a tool box(don't need two 120 gal tanks on a tri axle dump). Has anyone done this, if so what size box was used? any pics would be appreciated.

20160420_105022[1].jpg

20160420_105029[1].jpg

Pete, kenworth, and freightliner each have there own style step/box.    In my opinion a 379 Pete has the nicest and simplest style.  It just hangs off the frame on 2 heavy angle iron peices, so it's easy to adjust where you need it.   But they are a little $ just because of the name.    image.jpg sorry about the fence but the one on right is toolbox and left is battery box.    I found the pair for $300 

It's between 30"-31" wide depending where you measure.    And it's 29" deep from the very back of the mounting flange to the very front of the bottom step.     15" tallimage.jpg     The steps on my dads KW are bigger but he left already so I can't measure them.    They are taller and wider.  

Edited by Hobert62

24" seems kind small.   These fit  nice under my B cab.   I just had to do a little trimming and make my own  brackets.  I wouldn't of had to but I wanted to suck them in close so the bottom step wouldn't stick way out past the front fender.                                         image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hobert 62,that's a great lookin' B! The toolbox looks equally good on the superliner! I've always liked the look of the big round tank with the step under the cab but don't like the thought of being "t boned" with all that fuel under me! Sanford eh? used to pu at a paper mill there. int.paper or Ga Pacific,I forget.