Military may refuse to obey Trump.

41chevy

Posting this for KSCASBEL2

When a former CIA and NSA director throws the threat of a mutiny and coup on the table........that's certainly a foundation rocker.

Former CIA director: Military may refuse to follow Trump’s orders if he becomes president

By Peter Holley February 28 at 11:39 AM Washington Post

Former CIA director Michael Hayden believes there is a legitimate possibility that the U.S. military would refuse to follow orders given by Donald Trump if the Republican front-runner becomes president and decides to make good on certain campaign pledges.

Hayden, who also headed the National Security Agency from 1999 to 2005, made the provocative statement on Friday during an appearance on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher.” Trump, fresh off a string of primary victories, has yet to secure his party’s nomination, but Hayden said the candidate’s rhetoric already raises troubling questions.“I would be incredibly concerned if a President Trump governed in a way that was consistent with the language that candidate Trump expressed during the campaign,” Hayden said during the interview with Maher.

Earlier this month, Trump told a South Carolina retirement community that he supports waterboarding and similar interrogation techniques because “torture works” when it comes to extracting vital information from terrorists.Deeming waterboarding “torture,” President Obama’s administration discontinued its use during his first term in office. Proponents of the controversial practice, as The Washington Posts Jenna Johnson noted, avoid labeling it as torture, which would violate various international laws and treaties. Trump, meanwhile, has not only pledged to reinstate waterboarding, but also introduce other methods of interrogation that are “so much worse” and “much stronger.”“Don’t tell me it doesn’t work — torture works,” Trump told the Sun City retirement community. “Okay, folks? Torture — you know, half these guys [say]: ‘Torture doesn’t work.’ Believe me, it works. Okay?” Trump has also said on multiple occasions that the United States should kill the family members of terrorists.“That will make people think. Because they do not care very much about their lives, but they do care, believe it or not, about their family’s lives,” Trump said during a debate of Republican presidential candidates in December.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sounds like a phony story aimed at taking trump down a notch or two. If it's a real story would the military work for Hillary? Remember who cares how the 4 Americans got killed in Benghazi? If the military was going to start going rogue against a president I'm guessing they would've done it in the last 7 years.

WALL STREET JOURNAL

http://on.wsj.com/21zRt5B

STARS AND STRIPES

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/can-they-do-that-trump-favors-torture-that-s-illegal-1.396840

It is real, he says they will refuse to follow orders they feel are illegal.

Obama has purged the military and the DOD of any opposition of him or his policies and views, much like Stalin did in he USSR before WWII.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

WALL STREET JOURNAL

STARS AND STRIPES

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/can-they-do-that-trump-favors-torture-that-s-illegal-1.396840

Obama has purged the military and the DOD of any opposition of him or his policies and views, much like Stalin did in he USSR before WWII.

Ok the story maybe real but I refuse to think that the majority of our servicemen will turn their backs on us. Sounds childish I know but I've got to believe that there is still hope out there.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

WALL STREET JOURNAL

STARS AND STRIPES

Ok the story maybe real but I refuse to think that the majority of our servicemen will turn their backs on us. Sounds childish I know but I've got to believe that there is still hope out there.

Me too. Most of my friends still in service think Hayden is an a$$ and in 2014 defends the interrogation methods and blamed the Democrats and "others" for making it sound evil..Also how the decision to used it was upheld in court. My, my how the tune changed since Obama moved him up.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140826/17245928327/former-cia-director-michael-hayden-trying-to-pretend-cia-torture-report-is-just-democrat-political-ploy.shtml

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

48 minutes ago, Marcel67 said:

We should have already a civil war now with this lunatic we have in office. Barack obambi! So I think we will be ok with trump.

Well as of the middle of December, him and his "recommendations" to the FAA  all unmanned aircraft and drones over 8.8 ounces and up to 55 pounds must be registered with the FAA as a hobby UAV. With a check off if the UAV can carry a camera, GPS or other accessory. Over 55 pounds must be registered with standard FAA  aircraft rules.  All must have the FAA numbers visible on it. 13 to 100 years must register themselves, under 13 the parent must register the. Failure to do so has severe fines and or jail time.  All about control and $$$$

Quite a large number of r/c/ flyers are pissed as there was no period of public comment as  usually required. FAA and Homeland Security stated "they need to know who has these toys that could be potential weapons in a terrorist or civil attack"

Think they be a might fearful?

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well I agree with the faa crackdown on drones. Listening to the news over the past year or so they've had multiple close calls at thousands of feet in the sky with real aircraft and one was used to drop either drugs or weapons in a prison yard.  I think they're a helluva lot different than a rc plane that the hobbyists need to keep a visual on to fly and I would hope they can write the laws and regs accordingly. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I'll be the first one to say that Obama's dealing with the military has been disastrous. Active military personnel shouldn't be badmouthing the president though. I have no disagreement with Obama canning military officers that are publicly badmouthing him. It has to do with the chain of command and like it or not he is the commander in chief.

I don't think we've won a war since WWII. We never have really fought to win since then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Well I agree with the faa crackdown on drones. Listening to the news over the past year or so they've had multiple close calls at thousands of feet in the sky with real aircraft and one was used to drop either drugs or weapons in a prison yard.  I think they're a helluva lot different than a rc plane that the hobbyists need to keep a visual on to fly and I would hope they can write the laws and regs accordingly. 

The law went into effect December 21, 2015 to include as the FAA states hundred of thousands of drones and aircraft sold for the holidays. ALL RC aircraft and Heli's are included in the regulation from the little Park Zone Foamie to the big ones including jets.. The law makes no differentiation between Drones and Fixed Wings, powered or glider as long as it is controlled by a radio. Any UAV over 8.8 ounces(250grams) to 55 pounds.

1 hour ago, m16ty said:

I'll be the first one to say that Obama's dealing with the military has been disastrous. Active military personnel shouldn't be badmouthing the president though. I have no disagreement with Obama canning military officers that are publicly badmouthing him. It has to do with the chain of command and like it or not he is the commander in chief.

I don't think we've won a war since WWII. We never have really fought to win since then.

Militarily we won Vietnam, politically we lost it. Our Rules of Engagement were a hell of a lot different than actions that followed Vietnam. Maybe because WWII and Korea were so close and many in command were combat veterans from those wars. Officers who were ROTC idiots seemed get themselves hurt.   Paul 

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Well I guess now that Trump has reversed his stance on this, I guess it is no longer an issue??

flip flop    flip flop

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, 41chevy said:

flip flop    flip flop

For sure- this is what bothers me-  I'm as pissed as anyone about the current state of affairs-but like I said in a previous post- he is not going to win by getting the vote of us pissed off white guys!  Guess what! we are now a minority!  

I suppose the fact that he can change his position is good when it is obvious he does not know what the fugg he is talking about- the fact that he mouths off when he DOESNT have the facts is not good- you can't do that on the world stage-and maintain credibility as I see it.

Let's see how things go this week. We have got to get out of this high school name calling though- the quicker the better-we give the likes of Bill Mahar too much ammo!

• Like 2

He did one thing today that did impress me. He asked the media and the White House "why was there just a side bar and no White House statement on Nancy Regan's passing."    

As for the high school crap the Clinton camp leaked their gathering of ammo on Trump and his associates for their soap opera / reality show campaign.

P.T.CHESHIRE

35 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

He did one thing today that did impress me. He asked the media and the White House "why was there just a side bar and no White House statement on Nancy Regan's passing."    

As for the high school crap the Clinton camp leaked their gathering of ammo on Trump and his associates for their soap opera / reality show campaign.

Did not catch that- good comment -that is the kind of stuff he has to do versus bashing his opposition within. As for Obummer, same bullshit as him not going to Scalia's funeral!