centrimax filters

dexter860

Just wondering about the centrimax filter on my Mack, how exactly does it work? Are they a good setup? Haven't seen them on other engines, was told they're supposed to remove soot, I also heard gulf coast filters got their idea from Mack filters?

Scania has used centrifugal oil filtration for decades. Recall that the Scania-sourced 7.9-liter mid-range engines featured this technology which Mack Trucks later adopted. Spinning at 5000 rpm, the centrifugal oil cleaner removes smaller particles than are trapped by spin-on filters. The ability to scrutinize residue makes the centrifugal cleaner a window to the inside of the engine -- an early warning to excessive engine wear. They can immensely extended engine life.

Did you know that all Scania drive axle carriers (differentials) feature a spin-on oil filter?

Do you just replace one of the normal oil filters on the side of the motor? I've got 3, but I've heard nothing but good things about these filters so I'd like to try them.

It's a little more involved than that,

It takes a special filter head and you need a way to drain the oil back to the block or oil pan.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I cut mine open and it was full of black tar like stuff, kinda smelled like burnt oil, this was my dads old truck , its sit for 6 years since its been in service, and he wasn't great on oil changes. I sold my KW and have got about 4k in parts on this truck so far , almost ready to go, I think...

• 7 years later...
On 1/16/2016 at 8:26 AM, Dirtymilkman said:

I believe in the spinner filters big time! On the E6's and up to vmacII I change the spinner every other oil change. On the etech's I change them every oil change because of the higher soot level in the oil.

Do you happen to have a part number for the spinner filter on E6? Just got a MH cabover and it has a deep 13inch 51qt oil pan that has a small crack so am thinking about swapping in the shallower 9 inch 34 qt pan that is off a nearby for parts E6 and apparently the shallower pan uses this spinner filter 

On 3/27/2023 at 8:58 AM, Ryon Hess said:

Do you happen to have a part number for the spinner filter on E6? Just got a MH cabover and it has a deep 13inch 51qt oil pan that has a small crack so am thinking about swapping in the shallower 9 inch 34 qt pan that is off a nearby for parts E6 and apparently the shallower pan uses this spinner filter 

Did u find what you need? Otherwise I can give you a vin for my ch with an e6. I believe you'd need the filter tree

These things are another innovation that Volvo Bought with the Mack line and never ran with!  it was used on the first MP7 for one model year and scraped !

The cenrimax filter is an assume concept It works like a hot dam! I have seen these completely plugged with carbon on neglected engines . I again  fail to see why these guys didn't use the good ideas they bought when they took over the Mack line the list is long! Arrogance I suppose !

was a little confused reading the spinner came out in '86 till i back spaced a few more post. reading scania  had them for yrs. I do remember removing / taking the filter apart and scraping the sludge  , back in '70's. must have been on the scania .

On 4/4/2023 at 6:46 AM, mechohaulic said:

was a little confused reading the spinner came out in '86 till i back spaced a few more post. reading scania  had them for yrs. I do remember removing / taking the filter apart and scraping the sludge  , back in '70's. must have been on the scania .

Yup  I think Think your correct Mech! Scania had these and Mack latched on to the idea and ran with it!  Mack and Scania Were Very Tight At one point Sharing Ideas !  V8 is other Example ! The block was a shared Item At one point I believe! 

• Like 1

back then (when dinosaurs roamed) the MB was common place for running the scania. lot of R-4oo's had the v8- gas. once again racking the brain cells for R-400's having the scania. ????? did scrape alot of the filters ; couldn't have all been MB's . waterbury CT scrap metal co had R-400's can't picture eng set up.