My Mack fire apparatus photo album

GA_Dave

Tonight will be my last post for a while.  I will be on the road for most of the remainder of July, gathering more material.  Each year, I find fewer and fewer Mack apparatus still in service, but I will definitely photograph any I find.

Engine 2, Fayetteville, GA (retired)

1979 Mack CF

1250/500

xE2FayettevilleNC.jpg

• Like 1

Dave:

Thanks for all these photos. Have a safe and enjoyable trip; sounds like fun. Hopefully there are still some Macks in service out there in rural America.

bulldogboy

• Like 1

Dave,   Have a fun and safe jaunt;  thank you for these very enjoyable apparatus pages.  Collect more please!  (chuckle chuckle),   Patiently waiting for your return . . .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have returned from an enjoyable, 3375 mile round trip to my hometown in western NY State.  In addition to spending time with family and friends, I managed to photograph about 70 apparatus, even a couple Macks!  Okay, back to posting from my collection.

Engine 4, Laurel, MS (retired)

19?? Mack CF

1500/500

E4LaurelMS.jpg

• Like 1

excellent thanks,,,,that pennsylvania unit not too hard to look at......was just thinking,,,i got the steering wheel for my DM out of a CL a buddy of mine was parting out....was an old oakland california fire engine.....he wound up selling that complete cab to someone..steering wheel is brown...intererior was dark green dont know what happened there....sorry no pictures     bob

On 7/31/2016 at 0:06 PM, mowerman said:

excellent thanks,,,,that pennsylvania unit not too hard to look at......was just thinking,,,i got the steering wheel for my DM out of a CL a buddy of mine was parting out....was an old oakland california fire engine.....he wound up selling that complete cab to someone..steering wheel is brown...intererior was dark green dont know what happened there....sorry no pictures     bob

The CL was never designed as a fire apparatus chassis by Mack, although some were converted by other builders.  That would explain the odd interior colors.

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Thanks for that I meant to punch CF sorry. Ya interior was immaculate don't know why wheel was brown needed a green one bought it anyway

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm stumped!