My Mack fire apparatus photo album

GA_Dave

Just surfed the Tri Community VFD web site and they have a few other bulldogs still in service.  A MR Tanker and a CF pumper.  Pretty impressive outfit at a glance.  Looks like they are busy.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

1 hour ago, General Ike said:

Just surfed the Tri Community VFD web site and they have a few other bulldogs still in service.  A MR Tanker and a CF pumper.  Pretty impressive outfit at a glance.  Looks like they are busy.

Tri-Community VFD is a very interesting operation and I have visited them countless times over the years.  They have had numerous Mack apparatus and you will, in time, see all of them here.  Stay tuned!

Looks like they've gotten creative over the years... The C95 tanker looks like an inhouse conversion from a pumper and on their website, their confined space rescue looks like an old rearmount aerial that they took the stick off of and built compartmentalization onto.  Very cool.  The city of Norwalk in CT does great stuff in house with their apparatus shop.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

20 hours ago, General Ike said:

Looks like they've gotten creative over the years... The C95 tanker looks like an inhouse conversion from a pumper and on their website, their confined space rescue looks like an old rearmount aerial that they took the stick off of and built compartmentalization onto.  Very cool.  The city of Norwalk in CT does great stuff in house with their apparatus shop.

I agree.  While they do purchase some apparatus new, they have also bought many used rigs and refurbished them in house.  The confined space truck was a used platform that served them for many years.  When the aerial failed it's annual test, they re-purposed the perfectly good chassis. 

Although they are a completely volunteer operation, they have an uncommon way to reduce response times.  Four of their five stations have several small apartments attached, where young, single members live.  An apparatus, with a crew of 3 or 4, can be out the door in just a couple minutes.  On my last visit, a new Station 3 was being built and I'm sure it will have living facilities as well.

11 hours ago, cf685f said:

Ok Dave, Im now on the edge of my seat. You have posted all the Blue Ash pieces around mine. I hope you have my 1972 in your upcoming posts...

On the day of my visit, your Mack was at Station 2 and it was not staffed.  I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I never got the chance to photograph it until the day I met you in Spencer.  Here is the shot I took that day.  For those who don't know, this apparatus has a stainless steel body.

Former Engine 1B-13, Blue Ash, OH (Collector owned)

1972 Mack CF/1989 Pierce refurb

1250/750

#CF685F12-1462/#F-2306

xE13BlueAshOH.jpg

• Like 2