MACK Belly Dump

excellent thanks for that. My neighbor collects farm tractors he had this really old caterpillar bulldozer. It had a gasoline engine and a crank start. He sold it around 15 years ago. It ran real well.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot of work to do on this and it looks like the cab is a bit mangled.

Being the last surviving one of its kind, we will be going the extra mile to repair and restore it for future generations. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mark T said:

I never knew that existed. What engine is in that ?   I reviewed this thread and watched the video. Thanks for posting these things, very interesting.

12v-71 Detroit Diesel. 

The video was of our open house and was taken before we acquired the Mack Pack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow, that thing is way. Cool, thanks for the post. Best of luck with it. You’re certainly got  a lot of us interested…. like Mark says I have never seen one. Yes I’m sure if you’re carefull you can save the engine. Good luck bud …. Bob

I've only seen V12s in the choppers that come though town every summer and fall. 

I've heard stories about how tough those 12V71s are. Taking out pistons at sea and running them with only 11 cylinders and such. Can't wait to see this rig run!

• Like 1