1996 F350 diesel

Timothy Maikshilo

well preserved good looking truck 7,3? tim did you take that superliner to colo?

Carpilot, I flew out to Denver then shuttle down to Colorado Springs. The Superliner is parked at home and settled in for winter.

I've been lurking around trying to find an f150 version. Only problem is they want $10k for a 1/2 ton gasser.

Larry there are some great deals out there in no rust Country!

Last "real" pickup trucks ever built were the OBS Fords. Oh, and vent windows too!

True! But the larger cabs are nice for the leg room.

Lost this one 6 yrs ago: '95, it was so nice..........and still trying to replace it.

Oct15_0001.jpg

My brand new '96, 460/auto. I put a Vortech supercharger on it. Wow..that was fun to drive then.

trktrl97.jpg

I even raced it one Wednesday night.

96trk42.jpg

It ran 15.8's with the blower. The Lightnings of the day would go mid/low 15's. There was one there that night and he came over wondering how the heck my big ol dually was running so fast. Only bad deal was the E4OD shifted for crap and you couldn't really get anything for them back then. You had to lift the throttle and let it shift and get back into the fuel. If not you'd just burn it up as it slipped away. Was all stock, just a turbo muffler and turndown so it had a nice little burble to the idle and a slight whine from the blower.

Currently:

1989............gets the job done but just not the same as the '92-96 models.

SDC10642.jpg

Larry some sweet rides! Did you take stock out in exxon when you ran the loe 460? I see what you mean about your blue truck. That was very nice hope you find another like it! Great stories Larry thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...