1988 Mack Superliner Day cab

scottwetzel

Beautiful truck! Seeing those photos is going to make it difficult to get into a Pinnacle tonight and see a bulldog on the steering wheel.

What is the purpose of the hole in the heater box? I've seen those a few times but never knew why it was there.

On my superliner there is a toggle switch one side says heat the other A/C. On the newer ones that switch is incorporated into the controls, so it probably was for the toggle switch but has the newer control switch

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 3 weeks later...

Your crazy to sell that thing! But I guess you have your reasons. Good luck selling her, and hope you don't grow to regret it.

Thanks... Yeah I need a truck with a sleeper and just don't have it in me to cut this one up. So she's gotta go. It's a great truck runs awesome!

excellent good luck,,,,we all gotta keep up with the times at some point,,,,nobody really happy about it,,,,im stuck in a volvo now,dont really like it,,but its got lotsa power,,,automatic,,,power windows,,,good heat and air..rather be in a U model...with the same specs.lol....bob

excellent good luck,,,,we all gotta keep up with the times at some point,,,,nobody really happy about it,,,,im stuck in a volvo now,dont really like it,,but its got lotsa power,,,automatic,,,power windows,,,good heat and air..rather be in a U model...with the same specs.lol....bob

That's right. I'd love to keep it and it's a great day cab but I just need a little more now. I'm sure she will make somebody happy.

That's right. I'd love to keep it and it's a great day cab but I just need a little more now. I'm sure she will make somebody happy.

reminds me years ago,,i traded my R600 with 237. for a cruiseliner with 350 thermodyne...man what a differance in power,,,but hated to give up the R model.,,,,progress baby lol..bob

Do you have any more pictures of how you got that subwoofer in there, is it pointed downward on legs? Where is the amp? What is your rear end ratio? How heavy is the truck? How much mpg does it get? Trying to decide on really well kept 98 pete with 3406e 475 hp. Just kinda want air ride, big engine, and 390 gearing ;) I already have a mack mechanical rd but yours looks like a big improvement. For mine I ran 10 inch sub under the passenger seat and amp on top. Couldn't do the center because the pto box is there. How did you get your truck to have the air cleaner look removed? Did it come that way? Nice truck!!!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

dds92780, the sub is a 12 inch subwoofer that I made a box for. its sitting on the floor with it slightly tapered up in the front and the amp is mounted on the back. The rears are 4.64 and with the 9 speed it does 75 mph on the top end. Gets 6 mpg all day. As far as the tractor total weight Ive never weighted it by its self but I would guess around 17k lbs. the truck is great and Ive replaced all kinds of parts on it. Just recently Ive replaced the clutch 2 weeks ago with a brand new one. I wouldn't be afraid to drive this truck anywhere! The truck came with no outside air cleaner. Some superliners did and some didn't.