Onan 4KW Generator

farmer52

I recently bought a 1977 motor home that sat for about seven (7) years and plans were to remove the generator to use on my trailer. Long story short the generator needs the carburetor rebuilt/replaced and a new/rebuilt electric fuel transfer pump. The START/STOP switch does not work. I replaced some corroded wires/connectors but still cannot get it to work. It does however have spark (replaced condenser). Rather than spend more time (and money) on it, I am going to offer it for sale. I will eventually post on CL and fleaBay. The generator is still in the motor home and will need to be removed. It is located near Centre Hall, PA. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Here are the generator specs and pics.

Make: Onan

Model: 4.0 BF-2CR/16000B

Voltage: 120/240

Amps: 33/16

post-3289-0-52783100-1445442208_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-21501100-1445442245_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Get it out and bring it over. They aren't that hard to get running. Dual voltage is nice.

I pulled the carb off mine just to take the top off and see if it was cruddy inside(it wasn't). Nothing to them, kinda like an autolite carb from a Ford.

I got a Facet pump for mine but any little cheapie 4-5 psi pump will work.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetpumps.php

BTW, none running will not bring much money. At least the guys that know how to make them run won't pay any kind of money for it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks for the offer but not dragging it out and transporting to OH. I hooked up a portable gasoline tank and small 4psi transfer pump. It hydraulic locked (with gasoline) and when I pulled the spark plugs to clear the cylinders I got a face full of gasoline. If it is not worth much it can go to the salvage yard with the rest of the RV. Likely all the gasoline is now in the crankcase. I "screwed" with it long enough and just seems to be one thing after another. I don't need any more "sinking" fund projects.

Ken

Ah, okay, I understand. I know they are HEAVY!!!! Just thought I'd offer some assistance if you wanted it.

Larry,

Thanks for the offer. If it were in OH or even at the PA farm but it is about 1hr15mins one way. It takes all day just to do/check one small thing.

Ken