Chicago Layover

yarnall

So I'm flying home from vacation on Thursday and I have a layover in Chicago. Some how in my stupidity I bought the wrong ticket and have a 10 hour layover. I land at 8:25am and depart at 6:21pm. Is there anything to do that is not too much hassle? Are the buses or trains easy to navigate? I don't want to lose a whole day at Ohare. Thanks. Mike

Mass transit is easy to navigate. Plenty of great restaurants downtown. Check out The Bean at millenium park in the Loop area. If you like baseball you can tour Wrigley Field, it's one block from the train. Check out the Chicago Fire Museum or find the house your ladder ran out of. Enjoy Chicago, it's a fun town.

I believe Chicago will pay you to go on a tour of Obama's home turf in the Armored bus.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've done the 6 hr layover at O'hare before. Not by choice, but couldn't get a connection sooner. I knew every bathroom and hallway in that place!

Yes, you do have to pay attention to flight schedules when you book. I've seen some crazy long layovers options if you pick the wrong one. I've done one day there/back jobs that some flights had a hard time getting me TO the destination in the same day.

Recheck your airlines. Sometimes you'll get an open seat, even if you try again on Thursday. I've gotten lucky sometimes with someone cancelling and getting an earlier flight.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You won't be able to tour Wrigley today with the playoff game going on. For about a $1000 a ticket they might let you in.

Without going into the city you could take a cab over to Rosemont, about a 2 min taxi ride. There is a big mall there

and Toby Keith's bar. Something quick and easy to do without having to head into town.