Has anyone Imported a Mack from Canada to the US?

I found my dream truck, but its in Canada, which scares me because I know nothing about importing a truck. Some details about the truck. Its a 2012 CHN613 axle forward. with a 505HP MP8 and 18spd. Has the DEF and exhaust filters, Its in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, just across the border of NY. What should I be worried about?

12072771_10205367285725680_4504363885917

• Like 1

Best bet is to hire a broker / import agent to do all the paper work, fees and duties to get it out of Canada and through U.S. customs. Be ahead in the long run.

If you don't have all the paper work in order 100% it could lay at the border in limbo for a long time.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Depend of the price you pay. Roughly you can budget about 900$ for the broker fee and they provide you correct paperwork to register in usa. They need basic info from your side and pictures. If the truck never been registered in usa you have 12% FET tax to pay from the price of the bill of sale. Some state are different, check with your dmv. As for transport the cheapest way is to drive it youself.

The Dealer that has that Truck (Sheehan's truck sales) regularly deals trucks to t States. They will be able to help you with what you need to get it south of the border. I Deal with Dennis at that dealer. He is one of the owners of the dealership (it's a Volvo dealer)

That's a 46 rear truck. Up here they usually carry a ratio of between 390 to 410 or slower. Very few Canadian orders have faster then 390 rears with 46 axles/suspension. 373 is a good mix of both. You should be able to get over 6mpg (us) with that spec.

Yep, I just talked to them and was coming here to update. He said $800 to Buffalo NY or $1,800 to Baltimore, MD. Waiting to find out what the rear axle ratio is. Hoping it's 3:30 or 3:55

Good deal to Baltimore, Buffalo run stinks.

Curious, does it have the normal Canadian spread on the rears?

Most Canadian units I've seen have it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

By "normal Canadian spread" you must be referring to 60" spread. LOL. That one looks like a 55" spread which we Canadians have become more accustom to as of late unless we are hauling maximum gross. You can get almost the same on a 55" or 60" spread. With 72" we can get another 1100 kg on the rear spread.

By "normal Canadian spread" you must be referring to 60" spread. LOL. That one looks like a 55" spread which we Canadians have become more accustom to as of late unless we are hauling maximum gross. You can get almost the same on a 55" or 60" spread. With 72" we can get another 1100 kg on the rear spread.

yup that's it.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good deal to Baltimore, Buffalo run stinks.

Curious, does it have the normal Canadian spread on the rears?

Most Canadian units I've seen have it. Paul

whys buffalo run stink, i thought we all smelled good up here.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

whys buffalo run stink, i thought we all smelled good up here.

I always have to go on Bailey or 64 near the the State college or down by the ex Trico plant. No longer a working persons area.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I always have to go on Bailey or 64 near the the State college or down by the ex Trico plant. No longer a working persons area.

aint that the truth. but we have cherrios

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I found my dream truck, but its in Canada, which scares me because I know nothing about importing a truck. Some details about the truck. Its a 2012 CHN613 axle forward. with a 505HP MP8 and 18spd. Has the DEF and exhaust filters, Its in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, just across the border of NY. What should I be worried about?

NICE TRUCK

​The only thing to worry about is me buying it before you get there i live in Boston and i am getting in the car as we speak BYBY

• Like 1

NICE TRUCK

​The only thing to worry about is me buying it before you get there i live in Boston and i am getting in the car as we speak BYBY

Why you gotta be mean like that? haha. Probably near November or December if its still there. There will be other trucks if its gone by then.

relax someone would be really low to do that....Its still a really nice truck...you should contact the dealer and start the process or maybe someone on this site can go and put some eyes and hands on the truck and report back to you about the condition of it.....remember to do oil samples and a dyno....good luck and keep us informed