Vibration at 10 mph

e9500v8

I have a vibration at 10 mph coast or pull. 12 speed with crd92/93 camelback. Transmission just rebuilt rear rear just rebuilt. Vibration was there prior to both trans and rear rebuild. Pulled drain plug on front diff and had some small pieces on it. Taking it out this morning. If I find nothing there. What else can it be? Truck is short 176 WB so it has no carrier bearing. I find it hard to be a tire at that speed. The vibration does come back at 45mph. You can free rev the motor an runs smooth. You can put splitter in N and run through the gears and it is smooth. I'm loosing sleep at night. Also lotsa work. Both transmission and rearend was rebuilt by me and there was problems with both I thought I had it whipped. But I didn't. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front diff is out of truck now. Tore it apart power divider cams look rough. So I'm gonna replace everything in there. I got as far as going to pickup the parts today. Got peanut cage all cleaned up an got them in. Will continue in the morning.

• Like 1

any play in the u joints? I have seen worn u joints bang around at slow speeds and balance out as you pick up speed. Also is it gear specific, rpm specific or just speed specific? try going 10 mph in higher gear with lower rpm's might rule out a transmission issue if it still vibrates at 10mph

• Like 1

any play in the u joints? I have seen worn u joints bang around at slow speeds and balance out as you pick up speed. Also is it gear specific, rpm specific or just speed specific? try going 10 mph in higher gear with lower rpm's might rule out a transmission issue if it still vibrates at 10mph

It is really speed specific. No matter what gear.

Well it's no better. Be pulling wheels and checking wheel bearings next. Just cannot believe I don't have a seal leaking if it's a wheel bearing. If it is rumbling at a low speed I think maybe if I just jack it up an spin them maybe I can feel or hear something.