Hayward Mack Question

I've been perusing Western Mack pics now that I'm the proud owner of a '80 RW, and one thing I've noticed that puzzles me and was hoping for some insights:

All the WS Cruiseliner's I've seen have the Bulldog cradled in a horseshoe donning a (ridiculous or is it curious?) cowboy hat.

Why is this not-so-subtle nod to the truck's Western (including the spurs) origins missing on all the Hayward built Superliners?

Ron

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

That was only one version of the Cruise-liner upholstery. Most later ones had nothing inlaid on the door panels. I've also seen pictures of button tuck upholstery in them. I liked the dog with the cowboy hat. Its a shame the door panels fit nothing else. I managed to save that piece of the panel on one before it got scrapped.

• Like 1

It would really seem that the Cruise-liner must have had a different team of people working on the design and engineering of the cab and the outsourced manufacturing. That's all I can say. I know the Western Superliner door panels were made by Belmor, as was most r-series upholstery. Does the pouch between the seats also have the hatless dog? I can't remember.

How about the round red bulldog medallion in the center of the grill on some Cruise-liners. There is an odd piece.

There are a lot of cab components unique to only the Cruise-liner.

• Like 1

The medallion was, (as far a I know) only on the first 2 years of Cruiseliners. Also if you look the first Cruiseliners did not have front directional on the front cab corners. They had a 4 inch light mounted in the front down between the grill and headlight. I have a 81 "west coast" and an 82 and 83 "east coast" Cruiseliners. The 81 & 82 have the interior youre talking about on the bunk. The 83 has the level 3 interior. I always wondered why they didn't carry that design over to other trucks. Perhaps someone out there can shed some light on this subject for us

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!