Shift Pattern plate for TRQ-720 trans

57 bcr

Need a shift pattern plate (diagram) for a TRQ-720 trans.Doesn't have to be new,just decent & readable.PM me if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks..........Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Joe,

The Watt's version is for an 18 speed where you go from 4th high to 5th high (not splitting 5th gear at all).My trans according to the manual is a 20 speed,where you do split 5th gear.A little different.Thanks for the suggestion,though.I will check with Matt if I can't come up with anything from anybody on here,he is a busy man! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Joe,

The Watt's version is for an 18 speed where you go from 4th high to 5th high (not splitting 5th gear at all).My trans according to the manual is a 20 speed,where you do split 5th gear.A little different.Thanks for the suggestion,though.I will check with Matt if I can't come up with anything from anybody on here,he is a busy man! Al

Joe,

AL, Here's the way mine looks in my BCR. Jake

post-770-0-87261700-1384108258_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I believe that is the correct plate Al in the picture for a TRQ720. a TRQ72 would be direct in 5th. the TRQ720 is direct in 4th, over in 5th. I pretty much think a an 18 speed and 20 speed over is the same thing.

10-4 Matt.Thanks

I never really figure out the 18 and 20 speed stuff. I now the 0 in 70 is overdrive and means it direct in 4th and over in 5th and then you don't use the two auxillary gears you get 18 . they started out with 20 speed direct quads then the 20 speed over the it went to an 18 speed over. one was a TRQ72 then there was TRQ720 and TRQ7220 and TRQ7210. I think the 7220 means double over and the 7210 is a single over. im probably wrong but someone will chime in.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I looked through some of my Mack literature and Mack calls the TRQ-720 and TRQ-7210 a 20 spd trans. The B model operations manual then includes a ratio chart showing the TRQ-720 (20 spd) has 16 speeds that are available for practical use and the TRQ-7210 (20 spd) has 14 speeds for practical use.

Mack list the TRQ-770 and the TRQ-7220 as 18 spd overgear transmissions. There is a list of all the ratios with none deleted that are impractical, going backwards or super close. Following the progression of ratios in the chart, I get 14 speeds for the TRQ-7220 and 16 speeds for the TRQ-770. Understand this is my speculation and is not official Mack info. I was trying to find official Mack info on the gears that weren't practical for use.

In the BMT Wiki, there is a list of the quadbox ratios.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.