Alice Springs AU

Brocky

Thanks for posting all the photos. Very surprised to see the pair Willys pick ups in Australia. Looks like I'll have to add there to my bucket list. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Great stuff!

I doubt there are many places with a big collection of Atkinson's.

Diamond-T road train is impressive.

Just as a truck it's a relatively rare thing with closed cab in Europe.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

:SMOKIE-RT:

Did I see a Chevy truck there? Looks like a '51 or so with what's left of a '54 doghouse on it,and from the height I'd bet it has some sort of 4WD conversion under it. I really like that road train too.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Paul and Paul

I do not know what days or hours they are regularly open?? The big Reunion show only happens every 5 years, so start saving your pennies!! Possibly ATHS will have another tour???

I also have 3 more topics to start: Misc trucks at Alice and the 4 private collections in Melbourne which will be on Odds and Ends Other Trucks. And Tony Champion's collection which I will put in the Antique Mack section.

SO STAY TUNED

Brocky

Brocky

Did I see a Chevy truck there? Looks like a '51 or so with what's left of a '54 doghouse on it,and from the height I'd bet it has some sort of 4WD conversion under it. I really like that road train too.

Speed

This the one? GM Australia never used the newer one piece windshield cabs on the 1954 model year.

post-3242-0-36977400-1443828830_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This the one? GM Australia never used the newer one piece windshield cabs on the 1954 model year.

attachicon.gifpost-10459-0-59695500-1443714274.jpg

That's the one-boy,they sure "use" their trucks,don't they? I didn't know about the 2 piece windshield deal over there,thanks for telling me.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Speed

I think (??) a lot of it may have been due to import taxes?? A lot of the Aussie's used older parts and styles in assembling vehicles. Not to mention the IH / Chrysler connection. IH L and R models with a Dodge Pilot House cab and Dodges with an IH A model cab..

Brocky