YOUTUBE REPAIR VIDEOS FOR MACKS

It is a non negotiable fact that BIGMACKTRUCKS forum is the king of mack forums. I am suggesting that our gurus in mack world can do more on the area of videos. For instance I have encountered many folks who have different degrees of problems ranging from

E6-350 Engine rebuild

Valve clearance setting

Clutch setting

Injector Servicing

Injector timing setting

etc

In all these, I could not understand the jargons in repair manuals. There is no newbie step by step process.

I call on our gurus, elders, leaders of thought, great minds and lovers of this wonderful and great forum to make repair videos on different aspects of mack truck repairs. Either for sale or post on youtube. I know a great number of mack lovers will be attracted. Don't assume the next person knows it rather be explicit enough.

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

but just because you might not think its helpful doesnt mean anyone else will think so and here lies the problem of doing anything like this to many people are to critical of what other people do so in the end no one will share anything because who would if someone else is only going to be critical and pick something apart 

just saying 

Paul

If you post some good sound advise then that's ok and helpfull but I see so much posting of could it be this and I think it this and my brother has a friend that knew a guy that used this for a fix so who is helped by this.There is some good advise on here but again so much of I not a mechanic but I think you could do this.There is some good dealer tecks on here that don't post but very little.No wonder cause when you get ten answers and only one makes sense who out there knows who is right or wrong.So much of the posting Is, go replace this part instead of asking a man to do some testing.You see it all of the time some one has told some one who is serious about a problem and he gets to here some on say replace this and he ends up spending much money cause he thinks you guys are experts.I have been around along time and I can tell you if I was to replace a lot of parts by guessing instead of some test and it did not solve the problem that man who owns that truck would be rightfuly put out with me.Any problem needs to be tested first unless you see its broken and hanging down before you start to buy parts.Then some times it hard to be right the first time.But some of you guys start out like its a guessing game not know that some one may go out and buy parts not needed.That who be like me guessing when you should plant your corn not knowing were you live and you start to listen to me.Another reason why some of these tech don't post more is if you asking a question and you hear ten different fixs and two techs that has been doing this for a living looks at this and says why bother because that man who ask for help don't know me from all of the other posted fixes.

Don't get me wrong I like reading all post and like this forum better than any others cause we can talk about any thing or any one.This is not to hurt non of you but to enlighten you.f its not helpfull say so.

• Like 2

glenn akers

I think the intent is to document the repair or diagnosis and or trouble shooting with results, instead of asking a question and blindly hoping that someone that knows will reply.  I think a section of successful repairs is a great idea and in the past have made a few posts that explain and document.  I did it for the spring brakes and pinion seal as well as the windshield replacment on my B61.  Also I think it would be helpful if a poster would follow up with what they found out or what fixed the repair.  I have on numerous occasions went back and revived a thread with "so what did you find out" or "did you get it fixed".

I have been scanning services manuals in my spare time to get posted on here but with all the software changes and difficulty of loading and server space I can't get a lot to upload.  

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."