237 with no oil filter?

68-f-model

Follow the line that goes from the front of the oil cooler. It appears that it goes horizontal toward the back of the truck underneath the Baldwin fuel filter and then goes down toward the frame.

The truck will have a filter unless someone really did a FUBAR. It will probably be frame mounted behind the cab.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

You might want to check the condition of those big oil lines going from the filter to the block. I can tell you from experience that it will pump out alot of oil in a hurry if one breaks and those old steel braided lines do get brittle with age. I bought an old '67 F611LT several years ago,it had just been used around the guys farm for several years and then sat for several more,I checked it all over,he gave me a pull and it fired right up,let it sit there and run while I wrote the check and got the title,as I headed out the drive I heard him yelling,I'd no more hit the hi side of 2nd and one of those lines broke,got it shut down quick,but it sure made a mess.

• Like 1

Oil lines are next on the hit list. I actually broke the oil line from the turbo last night while putting in a coolant line. I just slid it sideways a bit for room and it cracked in half. Braded fuel lines are similarly brittle I would assume.

Is there a recommended source for these lines?

I was thinking of taking my old pieces in to napa and having new ones made up.

I would recommend finding an Aeroquip dealer, they're probably reusable fittings. The big lines are #16, can't remember for sure the size of the smaller one, think it's either #6 or #8. The hose your looking for is Aeroguip FC350. Made to handle hot oil.

The oil filter is a Mack #236GB311A which crosses to a Baldwin P706M, The gasket ("O") ring is a seperate item. #G157 I believe is the number.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks that has saved me a lot of driving around and back and forth to the store.

I have a filter set-up for an F model with brand new lines sitting on my shelf. I can ship it out to you if interested. I upgraded to spin on filters and no longer need the canister.

Come to think of it, why don't you just take my entire spare 237 engine?

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of your set up?

Also what would the price be for just the filter setup?

I have 2 sets of wix spin on filters I had ordered by mistake before I realized it was a canister.

I keep getting told by the lady of the house I have to much stuff and I keep saying, no I just need a larger barn.

So an extra engine is probably not going to fly. Mine only has just over 300,000 so it should last a while in my 2,000 mile a year usage.

• Like 1

Do you have a picture of your set up?

Also what would the price be for just the filter setup?

I have 2 sets of wix spin on filters I had ordered by mistake before I realized it was a canister.

I keep getting told by the lady of the house I have to much stuff and I keep saying, no I just need a larger barn.

So an extra engine is probably not going to fly. Mine only has just over 300,000 so it should last a while in my 2,000 mile a year usage.

I will take pics Saturday and PM you. If you saw the other thread, I have a windshield for you too.

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk