Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 8/31/2015 at 4:47 PM, eddeere said:

Enjoyed the pictures. What is the old building in Arrington VA. ?

I'm glad you asked. The man there that unloaded the containers said that building was built in 1936 by the Ford Motor Company. It might have been a Ford dealership, I don't know. He knew a lot of the history of the area- there was a huge building across the road, that's where he unloaded me. That was an old cold storage facility, he said for apples- they still grow a lot of apples in the area. He also said the road through there used to be the main highway before they built U.S.29 in the 30's.

It was a pretty neat place, the road going in was barely big enough for a truck, then there's this huge building in front of you, and it's in the middle of nowhere.

I saved some images from google earth, I didn't take any pictures of the big building myself. I loaded in Portsmouth that morning and unloaded in Arrington late that evening. They picked the containers up with a forklift on each side then I pulled ahead and they set it down. When they lifted the front one I was in the highway when I pulled up, so I had to go. I wish I could have looked around some more.

This is an aerial view- the building to the left is the one in the picture, the larger one to the right is the old cold storage facility. I came in on Arrington Rd, turned left in between the buildings on rt.758, then blindsided back in the driveway.

This is looking at the cold storage building- the other building would be directly on the left.

...all in the middle of nowhere!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.