Cumo and the min wage

41chevy

Governor Cumo of NYS is raising the minimum wage for only fast food workers to $15.00 an hour. Not for the rest of the minimum wage workers, only Fast Food Workers. His requirements are the company needs 30 or more stores and must have take out or dine in service. Cumo's definition is food and drinks served at counters where customers pay before eating and can take their food with them if they choose.

The other minimum wage people he suggested to unionize and go on strike for higher wages.

In NYC Mayor Di Blaisi wants Fast Food minimum wage to be $16.20 because "the five borough's cost more to live in".

Ms. Janowski manages 34 Mac Donalds in the NY Metro Area said by telephone interviewfrom her office “What I envision happening is cutting labor through computer ordering, hiring less people, having less people per shift. It really is going to come operating with less people and more computers and automation”

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ms. Janowski has the right idea, that is of course, until the gov't steps in and tells her she has to employ a minimum number of people as a condition of operating a business in NYC/NYS.

I'm sure there are some good, hardworking people who find working as a clerk in a fast food restaurant the best option for employment in their personal situations, but those are in the minority. I have no sympathy for the rest who are just too lazy to do anything else. I certainly will not be paying a premium to eat at a fast food restaurant that had to raise prices to cover the cost of this nonsense.

Jim

Read an article recently regarding $15/hr. wage. Many of those that got the "mandatory" increase, then asked for less hours as the pay increase took them off the EBT, welfare,Medicare, AND Obamaphone.

So the employer now has 58 part timers LOL to run the local diner

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Ms. Janowski has the right idea, that is of course, until the gov't steps in and tells her she has to employ a minimum number of people as a condition of operating a business in NYC/NYS.

I'm sure there are some good, hardworking people who find working as a clerk in a fast food restaurant the best option for employment in their personal situations, but those are in the minority. I have no sympathy for the rest who are just too lazy to do anything else. I certainly will not be paying a premium to eat at a fast food restaurant that had to raise prices to cover the cost of this nonsense.

I never saw fast food joints as a career job, high school, college, retiree's, people who need a little extra cash and handicapped not a place to retire from in 30 years.

A friend had a machine shop in New Castle. Did Military Aircraft small parts for Grumman and Fairchild-Republic. The Federal agency that enforces the EOE laws, with out looking at his workers, told him the he needed 12% of his employees to be Black, the balance could be any race. He stood up went out to the machine floor and told 18 of his 21 employees they were all fired. Because of this man here, says that the other 82% of my employees can't be Black. The EOE guy left and never came back.

As for the computerized places there is a Mac Donalds on Queens Blvd that is all computerized and robotic cooks / assemblers. Three people per shift, a sales associate for the thing that takes your Credit card, Debit card or Cash (like Home Depot), one to put orders out the drive in and load the robots with supplies and one other associate to clean up and dump trash. A KFC in Wyandanch on Malcom X Blvd that's pretty much the same way.

Me and fast food, since Arby's, Roy Rogers and Long John Silvers left Long Island it's Popeye's once in a great while.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A lot of college graduates don't make $15/hr their first year but Mexifornia and New York want to pay the burn outs of society who can't or don't want to try to get another job more than them?! Hell mickey d's might be a pretty Cush job at $15/hr, I should look into that. No more pee quizzes or ridiculous federal laws to follow, no more physicals or scales to deal with. Hell since DOT can pull you over without cause I feel they are profiling and infringing on my rights, and people question minimum wage at jobs with no responsibilities to speak of.

Hell! when you figure the number of my hours I put in a "normal" week neither do I !!

P.T.CHESHIRE

people work at MINIMUM WAGE jobs for a reason, most likely that's what you deserve! I don't see any firefighters or police officers or emts makin 15 an hour right out of the gate. like has been said I guess the lazy burn outs of society that cant even get your order right when you say NO pickles deserve 15 an hr tho.. so if they raise someone making $8.15 an hour up toe $15 an hour I guess they should raise someone makin $15 an hour now up to $30??

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Ya'll don't get it

DEMO VOTES !!

P.T.CHESHIRE