190 Allis Chalmers XT Diesel

JoshPhelps

I picked up this 190 XT Diesel this week off farm that is being cleaned up/off. The story is that the oil pump went out and the gentleman who owned it pulled the pan and removed the pump. It sat there for quite a while. The pump is seized up, so I'm getting another on the way. I believe we turned the engine over inadvertently by pushing it in gear. While the pan is off, I think I'll pull a couple of caps and have a look at the bearings. If that checks out, I'm going to button her up and see if we can get her to run. I'm looking for any thoughts, suggestions, hints, advice, etc as I move forward. Never owned an A-C before. Thanks in advance. PS. Will post pics of her taking the ride home on a 18' deck over behind my Ram 2500 CTD.

post-19162-0-33825300-1434256267_thumb.j

post-19162-0-68983300-1434256283_thumb.j

post-19162-0-00049400-1434256312_thumb.j

Edited by JoshPhelps
  • Like 2

Thanks, gentlemen. I'm on the southwest side of Oklahoma City. I picked this tractor up in Ada, Ok. There was lots of interesting stuff on the place, including a couple of D7 cats and an International road tractor with an aluminum cab that will eventually be for sale. I'm trying to connect with OKTractor in Mounds, Ok, and Mike's in Bueler, Ks regarding some salvage parts. Any other parts supplier suggestions? I'm hoping to get this thing to run so I can use it. I'm not in the flipping business. Thanks! :-)

3rd and 4th are achieved by a sliding collar that has internal teeth. The hard facing gets chipped off by grinding the gears when shifting and then the collar won't stay engaged. to change the collar you have to split the tractor 2 ways, 1. split it at the clutch, and 2 drop both axles. It's not a hard job just time consuming.

I'd replace the pump with a new one and check out the bearings as much as possible. The camshaft bearings might have taken a beating and it might be hard to see what is going on with them without surgery. Did he get a warning light or gage indication that he had lost oil pressure or did some other symptom let him know. That is the big question...How bad it it get before he shut her down?

Good luck.