old toy mack truck and trailer b61

251work

My grandfather was a devoted mack owner , he gave me a toy mack when I was a kid around 1965 it was all alum truck and trailer with real rubber tires. It came from mack a dealership sadly it is long gone but would love to find a replacement. Any sources ???

Probably a Smith-Miller MACK with the aluminum P.I.E. trailer. Look like this one? yeah the truck is in a coffin.....

click pic

post-3242-0-08816000-1434153150_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Coffin???

When I asked the seller for a clear photo of it, the only good place the guy had to show the condition was a demo coffin in his funeral parlor. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes. I only spent an arm for it too but the gentleman through in a pair of early 50's Tootsie Toy 1/43 MACK L model tractors with a tanker trailer and a flatbed for gratis.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

My guess would be a Smith-Miller too,better get out your wallet! the reproductions are getting more expensive than the originals! Paul,you mentioned Tootsietoys,you wouldn't happen to have a junk flatbed lying around would you? I'm restoring a B-Model with the Texaco tanker and an L-Model I'd like to pair up with the flatbed?................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My guess would be a Smith-Miller too,better get out your wallet! the reproductions are getting more expensive than the originals! Paul,you mentioned Tootsietoys,you wouldn't happen to have a junk flatbed lying around would you? I'm restoring a B-Model with the Texaco tanker and an L-Model I'd like to pair up with the flatbed?................................................Mark

The one like this??

post-3242-0-20698200-1434237762_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

The one im looking for has a rounded nose and stake sides I think? I couldn't find a good picture of the one I remember...............................Mark

I know the one you want. I have only one with the power unit. I'll ask around at the next L.I. Antique Power Equipment meeting, there's a few collectors there who have parts.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Smith-Miller made them in Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and a Goldish color.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...